The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast season preview with Dave Borges | The Boneyard

The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast season preview with Dave Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its really disappointing that the local beat writers don't ever get to see the team play or practice, so that their insights are actually as empty as our own. Their only additive contribution is access to players for a comment here or there. I thought the lack of the press ever seeing the team play was just covid related. Pathetic that Hurley can't even let them watch even 1 practice or half a practice. Really? That seems bizarre to be so up tight.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I was shocked to learn that as well. Thank you for listening!

Reaction Score
Its really disappointing that the local beat writers don't ever get to see the team play or practice, so that their insights are actually as empty as our own. Their only additive contribution is access to players for a comment here or there. I thought the lack of the press ever seeing the team play was just covid related. Pathetic that Hurley can't even let them watch even 1 practice or half a practice. Really? That seems bizarre to be so up tight.
Yeah…I was a little confused because Borges had tweeted last week that he was going to practice and should have some good commentary about it…but then there was crickets. Seems like Hurley is REALLY playing things close to the vest…from recruiting down to activity with the current team.

Reaction Score
Yeah…I was a little confused because Borges had tweeted last week that he was going to practice and should have some good commentary about it…but then there was crickets. Seems like Hurley is REALLY playing things close to the vest…from recruiting down to activity with the current team.
Borges did write an article from practice. Do you mean there wasn't specific information about how players are looking in that article?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not having open practices, even for local media, is kind of the norm now. I haven’t had the chance to listen yet, did Borges happen to mention that? And, coaches that do occasionally have one tend to limit (in assorted ways) what gets mentioned anyway.

Reaction Score
His desire for Jackson to facilitate is very concerning. We need a true point guard. Jackson has not treasured the ball enough.
Against good teams this will be a problem.

GemParty

Reaction Score
His desire for Jackson to facilitate is very concerning. We need a true point guard. Jackson has not treasured the ball enough.
I believe Andre & Newton will share time.

GemParty

Reaction Score
That and it doesn't seem like the UConn beat writers have much more intel than a lot of the fans, especially if they can't watch practices.
He saw all of our incoming 5 recruits play in person, aside from Castle.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is this playing off the joke @BigErnMcCracken has making? If so, would really bring some much needed respectability to this post.

GemParty

Reaction Score
What do you think of his T/F/Why segment?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Not having open practices, even for local media, is kind of the norm now. I haven’t had the chance to listen yet, did Borges happen to mention that? And, coaches that do occasionally have one tend to limit (in assorted ways) what gets mentioned anyway.
It’s the norm since Ollie. But you can tell it bothers him, when Hurley invites National guys, like for example, Jon Rothstein.

You’re job is to bring readers inside the game.

That’s why we have a Fan Podcast. We crave more!

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for this and it’s always been this way with the secrecy like nuclear secrets are being guarded but there are none. It’s protecting the players from analysis and critique but we’ll see it in a few weeks anyway. And don’t even ask about any injury that happens or projected return for players. Hurley knows that the team’s fans are trying to keep interest and he lets some national media but not local?

GemParty

Reaction Score
8D2BC685-5CE4-4279-A6FD-59866E6C3370.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is this playing off the joke @BigErnMcCracken has making? If so, would really bring some much needed respectability to this post.

Let’s see how my post ages come New Years.

Hopefully Newton and Diarra can be the point guards we need them to be.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Sad, Goodman invited to practice today rather than a Borges & Amore.

GemParty

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for this and it’s always been this way with the secrecy like nuclear secrets are being guarded but there are none. It’s protecting the players from analysis and critique but we’ll see it in a few weeks anyway. And don’t even ask about any injury that happens or projected return for players. Hurley knows that the team’s fans are trying to keep interest and he lets some national media but not local?
Has anyone heard of an open practice this year? Last year was around Oct 12th.

GemParty

Reaction Score
He attends, I believe watches a small portion. (Sometimes) Then is granted Interview time with Coach and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom