The Sky knock off the Sparks | The Boneyard

The Sky knock off the Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In an inspiring performance after being given the last rites in LA the Chicago Sky played their hearts out and beat LA in Chicago in game 3, 70 - 66! That's without EDD!
LA scored 27 points in the 2nd 1/2 with Candace Parker scoring 0 in the 2nd 1/2!
For those who said that Parker would show everyone that leaving her off the USA Olympic team was a mistake, she's just as overrated now as she was then! Parker was 3-14 for the game for 9 points! Her defense as usual was horrible! Nneka Ogwumike played her usual hard fought game scoring 22 points! LA shot 36.6% for the game! 6 for 33 from 3!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Both Nneka and Candace had terrible 2nd halves. Nneka had 18 points at halftime. Candace came out the gates in the 1st quarter seeming to do no wrong, but never got her shot going again when she re-entered the game in the 2nd quarter. Chicago wisely sagged back in a zone. Toliver, who should be the zone buster was 4 of 15. Meantime, the terrible Parker knew her shot wasn't falling, so instead she ends up with 15 rebs and 6 assists, trying to help where she could. The entire team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the 2nd half shooting 36% from the field. As bad as they played, they lost by 4. I wouldn't expect another loss. Speculation is they got a bit ahead of themselves when they got out to a big lead and they were thinking too much about the Sparks making the finals for the first time in over a decade. Something tells me they'll get out of their own way and get it done tomorrow night.

For the record, the terrible Parker is averaging 20 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, and LEADS the league for the playoffs in efficiency.

Candace Parker
LAS F-C 3

Nneka Ogwumike
LAS FORWARD 30

Maya Moore
MIN FORWARD 23

Jantel Lavender
LAS CENTER 42
[URL='http://www.wnba.com/player/jantel-lavender']19.9

[/URL]

Angel McCoughtry
ATL F-G 35
[URL='http://www.wnba.com/player/angel-mccoughtry']19.1

[/URL]

Breanna Stewart
SEA FORWARD 30

Epiphanny Prince
NYL GUARD 10
[URL='http://www.wnba.com/player/epiphanny-prince']16.8

[/URL]

Tiffany Hayes
ATL GUARD 15
[URL='http://www.wnba.com/player/tiffany-hayes']16.3

[/URL]

Lindsay Whalen
MIN GUARD 13
[URL='http://www.wnba.com/player/lindsay-whalen']16.2

[/URL]

Courtney Vandersloot
CHI GUARD 22

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
let it go, you were surprised as was everyone else that CP3 didn't make the team. BTW I prefer CP3 to get a championship over EDD
Not sure why you felt the need to add that lol... but since you did now I am curious. Why?

Reaction Score
let it go, you were surprised as was everyone else that CP3 didn't make the team. BTW I prefer CP3 to get a championship over EDD

DaddyChoc- - - Just for the record I was not surprised that Parker didn't make the USA team! Happy but not surprised. I knew that her ego/style was not what Geno was preaching and to reach Angel M. and others he helped get rid of Parker! I would rather have EDD win a title than Parker! I was pi--ed at EDD for the stunt she pulled but Candace Parker is IMO everything that's wrong with sport! As they said about Reggie J. "there's not enough mustard in the world to cover that Hot Dog!"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc- - - Just for the record I was not surprised that Parker didn't make the USA team! Happy but not surprised. I knew that her ego/style was not what Geno was preaching and to reach Angel M. and others he helped get rid of Parker! I would rather have EDD win a title than Parker! I was pi--ed at EDD for the stunt she pulled but Candace Parker is IMO everything that's wrong with sport! As they said about Reggie J. "there's not enough mustard in the world to cover that Hot Dog!"
I wasn't surprised either and she certainly wasn't needed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised either and she certainly wasn't needed.

To be honest.... there are about 3-4 players on the team who could have been left off and the USA still would have won the gold medal.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not sure why you felt the need to add that lol... but since you did now I am curious. Why?
she's just not high on my list after the UConn situation... yeah I know about all the stuff that was going on but I wouldnt care if she never won a championship. Hope I answered your question

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you didn't expect her to be on the team?

Reaction Score
you didn't expect her to be on the team?

DaddyChoc- - - No I expected that she p--ssed Geno off previously and the committee listened to Geno and showed her the door! Everyone has to check their egos at the door for Geno, and Parker is incapable of that! Angel M. can be a Parker type but she loves being coached by Geno and will do anything to stay on this team! No faces or attitude, and she did a great job coming off the bench for USA!
I cannot stand watching Parker play BB, all the way back to her TN days! She knows where every TV camera is and everything she does on the court is to make sure she gets her "air-time"! I feel sorry for Nneka O. for being on the same team as Parker. Nneka is as close as you can get to T. Catchings clone! And that's saying a lot! Nneka is everything Parker isn't!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc- - - No I expected that she p--ssed Geno off previously and the committee listened to Geno and showed her the door! Everyone has to check their egos at the door for Geno, and Parker is incapable of that! Angel M. can be a Parker type but she loves being coached by Geno and will do anything to stay on this team! No faces or attitude, and she did a great job coming off the bench for USA!
I cannot stand watching Parker play BB, all the way back to her TN days! She knows where every TV camera is and everything she does on the court is to make sure she gets her "air-time"! I feel sorry for Nneka O. for being on the same team as Parker. Nneka is as close as you can get to T. Catchings clone! And that's saying a lot! Nneka is everything Parker isn't!
ok

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man..... if the Sparks beat the Lynx in the finals... and Parker has a great series....... imma have to log in and just enter that thread like this

2zqhcmw.gif

And just read the comments

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Man..... if the Sparks beat the Lynx in the finals... and Parker has a great series.. imma have to log in and just enter that thread like this

2zqhcmw.gif

not gonna happen with Maya on the roster lol

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To be honest.... there are about 3-4 players on the team who could have been left off and the USA still would have won the gold medal.
True. But Parker would likely have been a distraction.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm just thrilled my Sky didn't get swept. They got down big early and it would have been easy to lose hope and pack it in.

Also, we got a classic moment with Sloot making the open jumper when she probably should have killed time followed by Pokey giving her an earful on the sideline. Then Sloot in the postgame when asked what Pokey said "She said 'nice shot'"

Reaction Score
Man..... if the Sparks beat the Lynx in the finals... and Parker has a great series.. imma have to log in and just enter that thread like this

2zqhcmw.gif

triaddukefan- - -Anything is possible. But IMO the 2016 MN Linx has the best team in the history (20) of the WNBA! 5 great starters and this year they have N. Howard C/F, R. Montgomery G, J. McCarville C (hurt now), A. Cruz G, K. Hampton F, & J. Perkins G coming off the bench! And Cheryl Reeve and her staff are outstanding! Geno loves Cheryl as a Head Coach! She is the closest HC I've seen to Geno with demanding 100% at all times, practice & games!
LA, except Nneka, can not match the intensity that all 11 players bring to the court like the Linx do for all 40 minutes!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

2zqhcmw.gif

Me too. ;)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

This is LUDICROUS. LOL The idea that players hunt down the camera is nuts. The cameras do the hunting. They hunt out the players with the most popularity and that tends to be the best players. They also hunt out players that provide emotion and there are some players that wear their heart on their sleeves. DT is one of those players who let's their emotion spill out on the court. She isn't lacking for face time either.

Nneka certainly doesn't feel sorry. Nneka has talked about how much time Candace has spent with her helping her develop her game. Those nice nifty moves she makes in the paint didn't happen by accident. The chemistry those 2 show goes back to the time they've put in TOGETHER. The 2 players are very close, as is their entire team, now that they've gotten rid of the bad apples that just didn't buy in.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
she's just not high on my list after the UConn situation... yeah I know about all the stuff that was going on but I wouldnt care if she never won a championship. Hope I answered your question
Lol.. sort of I'm going to surmise you are holding a grudge against EDD... So follow up question does this mean you have a lot of love for Parker or is she the lesser of 2 evils?

Reaction Score
Sparks pounding Sky in game 4. Sparks 23-11 after first quarter.

EDD still not playing. Parker hasn't done much. Toliver lighting it up. Refs calling a tight game. Nneka working hard, has 5 rbs already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's buckle up for LA and Minnesota starting Sunday. Los Angeles, this year, has proven to be a formidable opponent for Minnesota; Something of a matchup nightmare; Especially if Tolliver is consistent from long range. Montgomery and Perkins will see a lot of time on the floor. Los Angeles does not go very deeply into their bench, but they do have this year's WNBA Best 6th Man. Let's hope for a great series.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Parker with a solid game tonight. Gray with 9pts and 7 assists off the bench.

The Parker hate/dislike/disdain on this board is comical to me...... but oh well... im sure it will continue until she retires... and beyond. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom