The Shot of the Game - KIA, love ya! | The Boneyard

The Shot of the Game - KIA, love ya!

Reaction Score
When Kia came back in late in the game cold and hobbled by injury she took a pass and nailed a 3-pointer. That's when I knew for sure the game was ours. Not much was made of it at the time, though the outcome was still in doubt. But it was leadership and the statement made: "Oh SC, you thought you were going to win this game; guess again. Not on my watch."
Kia doesn't get enough love, from outsiders I mean.

Reaction Score
That was the emotional dagger of the game - it was the moment that I and the people around me in my section seemed to settle down and relax a bit. I think they had it in the bag before that shot, but there's nothing like seeing Kia nail a clutch 3 pointer in a big game situation. And when you think about how hard she struggled the entire game and how she fought through whatever injury is plaguing her ankle so she could give her teammates a couple minutes of rest despite how she was obviously hurting, well... it was fitting. A great punctuation mark on a great game. :cool:

Reaction Score
When Kia came back in late in the game cold and hobbled by injury she took a pass and nailed a 3-pointer. That's when I knew for sure the game was ours. Not much was made of it at the time, though the outcome was still in doubt. But it was leadership and the statement made: "Oh SC, you thought you were going to win this game; guess again. Not on my watch."
You are right. Kia is taken for granted. But she has been a rock since day one as a freshman. Big games don't faze her and she plays to the team's needs. With Stewy et al, she defended and shot the ball when open. Always had a big role in fast breaks. Now, if the team needs it, she'll take over and drain threes or drive to the hoop, draw a foul, and convert free throws. She is a solid, fine player. Her talent gets overlooked. But she is a critical piece of the puzzle. What a recruit.

Reaction Score
You are right. Kia is taken for granted. But she has been a rock since day one as a freshman. Big games don't faze her and she plays to the team's needs. With Stewy et al, she defended and shot the ball when open. Always had a big role in fast breaks. Now, if the team needs it, she'll take over and drain threes or drive to the hoop, draw a foul, and convert free throws. She is a solid, fine player. Her talent gets overlooked. But she is a critical piece of the puzzle. What a recruit.

What a recruit indeed!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Taken for granted? She was selected preseason player of the year in the AAC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno used the word "heroic" to describe this year's team during last night's presser. It certainly applied to Kia's performance yesterday.

When she hit the 3, it reminded me of game 7 of the NBA championship, when Willis Reed hobbled out onto the court and buried a couple jump shots, inspiring his NY Knick teammates to a world championship.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Points were hard to come by last night. In a game when Lou couldn't buy a bucket, Kia's trey was big, as were the ones by Saniya, Napheesa, and Crystal earlier.

Reaction Score

And by the way, it was right after the collision with the SC point guard that sent her out of the game- no one tougher than Kia.

Reaction Score
Folks talk abut Kia's maturity, floor skills, etc. all the time, but to me, the most important thing she does, in lots of games, is to hoist up a three, and then maybe another. When she does that, the nails are in the coffin. Opponents are ready to guard Katie Lou and maybe Crystal or Saniya against the three, but Kia sneaks up on them., Having a third (or fourth) three point option just drains the life out of them. I swear, that's one of the things that happened against SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom