The Shockers Talk Tuesday's Game With Huskies | The Boneyard

The Shockers Talk Tuesday's Game With Huskies

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
RH: "It's Great for the Game" - Wichita State Athletics

"There's going to be a lot of people here," Wichita State senior Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage said. "If we can take care of the ball, rebound, compete, play physical it can help us grow the program. That's one of Coach Keitha's (Adams) goals is one day to sell out Koch Arena. This game is a good opportunity to get more people out and to see what we can do."

As of Monday afternoon, more than 5,000 tickets had been sold, according to the Wichita State ticket office. If things go well, some of those fans will leave intrigued by Wichita State's freshman guards Carla Bremaud and Seraphine Bastin, appreciate Lozada-Cabbage's hustle and come back for more as Adams continues building the Shockers. "

And their "Game Day" is informative. Shockers Host No. 3 UConn Tuesday Night - Wichita State Athletics

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

"There's going to be a lot of people here," Wichita State senior Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage said. "If we can take care of the ball, rebound, compete, play physical it can help us grow the program. That's one of Coach Keitha's (Adams) goals is one day to sell out Koch Arena. This game is a good opportunity to get more people out and to see what we can do."

As of Monday afternoon, more than 5,000 tickets had been sold, according to the Wichita State ticket office. If things go well, some of those fans will leave intrigued by Wichita State's freshman guards Carla Bremaud and Seraphine Bastin, appreciate Lozada-Cabbage's hustle and come back for more as Adams continues building the Shockers. "

And their "Game Day" is informative. Shockers Host No. 3 UConn Tuesday Night - Wichita State Athletics
Play Physical?

Reaction Score
As long as the refs allow it these teams are going to use it because it's a proven way to keep the final MOV under 30.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
at least their players have very high basketball IQ. :):)

Lozada-Cabbage's favorite basketball player is former UConn star Diana Taurasi. Wichita State junior Raven Prince chooses former UConn star Maya Moore.

Reaction Score
All sounds good, doesn't it. Well, all I can tell you about the Tulsa game as a pre-game to this one is I fell asleep during the 4th quarter and when I woke up, my wife told me that the game was over.

Reaction Score

Fifth Ranked Nationally with multiple losses? Boy is Uconn terrible. I thought they currently are ranked 2nd with two losses. Truth in the press????
If they can play as well as that writer lies; Uconn will be Whupped badly

Reaction Score
All sounds good, doesn't it. Well, all I can tell you about the Tulsa game as a pre-game to this one is I fell asleep during the 4th quarter and when I woke up, my wife told me that the game was over.
If you can fall asleep in the fourth quarter with the game still undecided--you must be a Veryoldog.. Very old indeed.

Reaction Score
Play Physical?

Uconn being played as ping pong or pocket pool balls isn't new. Teams without talent, with not much of a coach, have chosen to : hold, push, punch, hip check, trip, nearly any thing to wear Uconn down physically or even take a star out of the game. I remember Pat Summit and Muffet McGraw doing that way back when the court was round and ball was square. . Pat against Dt, Muff against Maya.
With only 6 top players look for this against everyone Uconn plays.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Good post. I like the "game day" article. Well done, Rocky boy.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Fifth Ranked Nationally with multiple losses? Boy is Uconn terrible. I thought they currently are ranked 2nd with two losses. Truth in the press????
If they can play as well as that writer lies; Uconn will be Whupped badly
B'way, you need to read that again . Some poetic license is allowed here, especially in service of the Huskies. But you called that writer a liar. Probably some student paper kid. And he got nothing wrong. :(

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If you can fall asleep in the fourth quarter with the game still undecided--you must be a Veryoldog.. Very old indeed.

The game was decided before the opening tip. I dozed at the half and woke up a few minutes before the final whistle. My wife told me I didn't miss anything.

Reaction Score
B'way, you need to read that again . Some poetic license is allowed here, especially in service of the Huskies. But you called that writer a liar. Probably some student paper kid. And he got nothing wrong. :(
You are right--this article is fair and says nothing about ranked 5 or multiple losses. --- I

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good post. I like the "game day" article. Well done, Rocky boy.

I do see what you did there @Bama fan. " Rocky Boy's is home to members of the Chippewa-Cree tribe and has more than 4,000 residents. The name "Rocky Boy" was derived from the name of a leader of a band of Chippewa Indians. It actually meant "Stone Child," but it was not translated correctly from Chippewa into English, and "Rocky Boy" evolved. " Honored.

Annishinabe Ne-i-yah-wahk Rocky Boy's

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I do see what you did there @Bama fan. " Rocky Boy's is home to members of the Chippewa-Cree tribe and has more than 4,000 residents. The name "Rocky Boy" was derived from the name of a leader of a band of Chippewa Indians. It actually meant "Stone Child," but it was not translated correctly from Chippewa into English, and "Rocky Boy" evolved. " Honored.

Annishinabe Ne-i-yah-wahk Rocky Boy's
I was actually thinking more of the guy from somewhere in the Black Hills of Dakota. Mr R. Raccoon and his lovely girl Magill, or Lil , or Nancy. That one! The one you mentioned is more interesting for sure. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom