The Senn reception penalty | The Boneyard

The Senn reception penalty

Reaction Score
First, it was a heads up play and he ran like the wind (sort of) after he made the catch.

I know he isn't eligible unless the ball is touched first by a defensive player. I thought it was touched by defensive player and popped up into the air.

While we're at it. I also thought the Zion fumble was an incomplete pass.

I haven't seen replays of those plays. And don't really know where they occured in game. Anyone know why those calls were made? They both looked bogus, were they? BTW, neither play was reviewed, was replay available on Saturday? Appreciate any help on this.

Reaction Score
First, it was a heads up play and he ran like the wind (sort of) after he made the catch.

I know he isn't eligible unless the ball is touched first by a defensive player. I thought it was touched by defensive player and popped up into the air.

I haven't seen replays of those plays. And don't really know where they occured in game. Anyone know why those calls were made? They both looked bogus, were they? BTW, neither play was reviewed, was replay available on Saturday? Appreciate any help on this.
On replay it looks like the Central Connecticut player may have touched the ball but its not all that clear from what I can see. It certainly should have been reviewed.

Reaction Score
Everyone in my section (103) thought that the initial reciever & the defender both touched the ball simultaneously...

Reaction Score

On Senn catch, I don't think a defender touched it so it was the correct call.

The video is not great on the Turner fumble, but it does look like he was passing and the ball did go forward by 5 yards or so. I think it should have been reviewed, but I don't think it was possible with the TV production of the game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So if Senn just grabbed that bobbled it and fell on it he would’ve been fine? I’m not suggesting that he should’ve done that. I’m just thinking it through. If you’re a lineman and you’ve got a chance to catch the ball you do it. Rules be damned.

Reaction Score
It was right in front of me (section 139) it looked pretty clear that it came off the running back (I was surprised when the first official signalled tip). The defender had a hand up and contacted the UConn player but he was swatting downfield and the ball never changed direction before the back tipped it forward to Senn.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Thanks.
It was a bad throw into traffic. And it looked like the ccsu guy touched it.
Just watched it 10 times over on my big screen. Looks like the defender whiffed on it and never got a piece of it. This is, of course, watching a replay of a broadcast with the clarity of my 1988 VHS camcorder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom