The Seniors | The Boneyard

The Seniors

Reaction Score
Really happy with the way Al and Vital played today. Played their games. Deferred to Bouk and Gaff at times. Got everyone else involved. Didn’t take any bad shots.
Our rebounding was awesome this game.
I’ve been hard on the seniors and deservedly so, but I think they are starting to get it and trust the young guys more.

Reaction Score
Gilbert/Vital = 7-15 from the floor, 2-7 from 3, 18 total points. 8 boards, 7 assists vs just two turnovers and 2 fouls. Gilbert had more assists than shots, just like I had wished for after the Xavier game. If he continues to flirt with double-digit assists and dishes more than shoots, UConn will be tough to beat.

I can 100% live with that kind of input.

I am thrilled with how they played. Can we have that 25 or 30 more times?

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
7-15 from the floor, 2-7 from 3, 18 total points. 8 boards, 7 assists vs just two turnovers and 2 fouls. Gilbert had more assists than shots, just like I had wished for after the Xavier game. If he continues to flirt with double-digit assists and dishes more than shoots, UConn will be tough to beat.

I can 100% live with that kind of input.

I am thrilled with how they played. Can we have that 25 or 30 more times?
If we keep Josh and Bouknight out of foul trouble and Akok and Brendan healthy there won’t be a need for these guys to carry the team.

As the new guys get more comfortable with the college game Hurley will have greater ability to mix and match. We saw it starting in the Florida game. He put in the young players except Akok as a group because they play as a unit in practice. It’s smart coaching. While these players adjust to the speed of the game he didn’t want them to adjust to their own players. Their adjusting quickly.

Buffalo game he gets Bouk back and doesn’t put the kid in a situation which puts pressure on him. His minutes have increased since and will continue to increase.

Bottom line is Hurley has a measured approach to player development and integration something we as fans don’t but hopefully will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom