The Seemingly Inevitable 5 Takeaways Article | The Boneyard

The Seemingly Inevitable 5 Takeaways Article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Five takeaways from a physical win over Cal for the UConn women - Hartford Courant

Best little bit:

"Both Batouly Camara and Megan Walker were available for UConn on Saturday, a positive sign for a team that struggles with lack of depth.

Camara didn’t see any playing time, but she warmed up with the team and didn’t seem to have any lingering problems from straining her MCL earlier in the season."

Sure hope Batouly has confidence in that knee.

Second best little bit is Geno on the circus coming to town, with a little dig at the end:

“If we come into town it’s a little different than another team coming to town,” Auriemma said. “Is that good? Yeah, that’s great. I wouldn’t want it any other way, and ... I said we’ve done this so many times where we come in and it’s the largest crowd in history and everyone’s excited and there’s an air about the game, and [at an event] I said the absolute best thing that could ever happen is the home team wins because now a couple thousand of those people who came to watch us play will come back to watch Cal play, or whoever that home team was. That’s the ideal situation, and someday Cal will be in that situation. It just wasn’t today. I wasn’t ready to be that person that was that nice.”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Five takeaways from a physical win over Cal for the UConn women - Hartford Courant

Best little bit:

"Both Batouly Camara and Megan Walker were available for UConn on Saturday, a positive sign for a team that struggles with lack of depth.

Camara didn’t see any playing time, but she warmed up with the team and didn’t seem to have any lingering problems from straining her MCL earlier in the season."

Sure hope Batouly has confidence in that knee.

Second best little bit is Geno on the circus coming to town, with a little dig at the end:

“If we come into town it’s a little different than another team coming to town,” Auriemma said. “Is that good? Yeah, that’s great. I wouldn’t want it any other way, and ... I said we’ve done this so many times where we come in and it’s the largest crowd in history and everyone’s excited and there’s an air about the game, and [at an event] I said the absolute best thing that could ever happen is the home team wins because now a couple thousand of those people who came to watch us play will come back to watch Cal play, or whoever that home team was. That’s the ideal situation, and someday Cal will be in that situation. It just wasn’t today. I wasn’t ready to be that person that was that nice.”
You need to rename these threads going forward. Change it to The Inevitable Six Takeaways. The five being whatever, blah ,blah , blah. And the sixth being you post it and impugn the first five as inevitable! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You need to rename these threads going forward. Change it to The Inevitable Six Takeaways. The five being whatever, blah ,blah , blah. And the sixth being you post it and impugn the first five as inevitable! ;)

Totally excellent idea! The best quote from the article that had to have Geno pulling his hair out before he laughed was this from Lou: “It’s sad to say, but once I started rebounding a lot I realized how easy it was.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom