The Schill and video games..... | The Boneyard

The Schill and video games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Imagine this guy taking a huge hit in the media as "media friendly/hungry" as he was all of his career? It's really too bad:) that he screwed Rhode Island and now everyone realizes him for who he was rather than what he did a few times!!

One sports reporter said he was "......a horse every 5 day and a horses a** the rest of the time" .....so true!!!! I feel bad for the people in RI, for him it is SO deserving!!!

Reaction Score
Kotaku, a video game blog, has really been covering this whole mess. Luckily, most of the workers of 38 Studios working on the game Amalur got a job at another studio right after they were laid off.

Reaction Score
And I agree, Schilling is an ass. Even though he's a Boston sports hero, I really hate him personally.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is he a bigger than Reggie Jackson?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reggie's an angel in comparison......

Nah, images get warmer and fuzzier over time. But at least Reggie had a good product with his name on it.

Reaction Score
Imagine this guy taking a huge hit in the media as "media friendly/hungry" as he was all of his career? It's really too bad:) that he screwed Rhode Island and now everyone realizes him for who he was rather than what he did a few times!!

One sports reporter said he was "......a horse every 5 day and a horses a** the rest of the time" .....so true!!!! I feel bad for the people in RI, for him it is SO deserving!!!
Ed Wade his GM in Philly is the author of that quote

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
This is a write up on the Schilling video game disaster from a prominent writer on MMOs (the type of video game Shilling's studio was developing)

...hand it to Curt Schilling, he stepped up to the plate without fanfare, knocked it out of the park, into the bleachers, and straight into the record books with a company explosion so painfully drawn out and mismanaged that it may have poisoned the well for anyone ever considering investing in an MMO company.

http://www.brokentoys.org/2012/05/25/the-week-the-music-died/

Reaction Score
I'm no Curt Schilling fan, but things like this are never as simple as people make them out to be.

Seems to me, absent any other info, that the biggest failing here is not having someone with some business acumen on the payroll.

Of course, the other side of this is that MMORPGs are . The ironic thing is they put out a very solid single player game, Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning. Where they blew themselves out of the water was on teh idiotic MMO side of things.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is he a bigger than Reggie Jackson?

Earlier this spring or maybe over the winter, (don't remember when), I had the chance to spend a couple of hours with Reggie Jackson.

Two things I did not expect -

1) He's not a big person. I have added him to the list of people I can beat up. (He had also just had shoulder surgery which tipped the scales even further towards my direction.)

2) He was much more pleasant and chatty than I expected. I had no particular interest in meeting or talking to him, but I found him to be affable and interesting. There's no doubt that he's aware that he's Reggie Jackson, but he wears it well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Earlier this spring or maybe over the winter, (don't remember when), I had the chance to spend a couple of hours with Reggie Jackson.

1) He's not a big person. I have added him to the list of people I can beat up. (He had also just had shoulder surgery which tipped the scales even further towards my direction.)

2) He was much more pleasant and chatty than I expected. I had no particular interest in meeting or talking to him, but I found him to be affable and interesting. There's no doubt that he's aware that he's Reggie Jackson, but he wears it well.

That's good to hear. Folks do mellow with age. Reggie did have a great quote from 1978 right around that famous Martin meltdown. I'll never forget it, I read it in the Hartford Advocate back when it was cool. I'm paraphasing the 1st part, the 2nd part of Reggie's is an exact quote.

Reporter: "At this pace (It's a quote, D'rody chill out), the Sox will finish ahead of you by 15 games."
Reg: "If they finish ahead of us by 15 games, I'll suck your dick"

Reaction Score

He appears to have mellowed quite a bit since his assassination attempt on the Queen.

600px-NGM1911A1-4.jpg

Reaction Score

Latest report is Schilling lost everything. I take no satisfaction for anyone who lost everything and I can't figure out how anybody can.

Reaction Score
I can't figure it out either but I do with this guy.........:D

Latest report is Schilling lost everything. I take no satisfaction for anyone who lost everything and I can't figure out how anybody can.[/quote)

Reaction Score
...................and if course it's Chafee's fault!!! What a POS.......................I am so happy and I can be because I know he will make plenty of cash to make his family remain intact and take care of them. That would be my only concern because if he were alone the streets wouldn't be good enough for that a**wipe!

Reaction Score
...................and if course it's Chafee's fault!!! What a POS.......................I am so happy and I can be because I know he will make plenty of cash to make his family remain intact and take care of them. That would be my only concern because if he were alone the streets wouldn't be good enough for that a**wipe!
You are still pissed at Schilling for beating the Yankees sorry ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom