The Robinson story | The Boneyard

The Robinson story

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there no thread on the story Robinson wrote? I keep a few people on ignore to not clog up the board with our inane arguments....

Did someone beat Medic to punch.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are not missing out on a thread. Been batted around by some of us on twitter, but yeah nothing here.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Find it interesting to hear about Crockers response. Two sides to every story, but did not paint him as a great guy

Reaction Score
Is there no thread on the story Robinson wrote? I keep a few people on ignore to not clog up the board with out inane arguments....

Did someone beat Medic to punch.

Lol... I didn’t post because I didn’t want to contribute to another group of fans batting him around for his behavior. ;)

... and @uconnphil2016 when I see words like “basically said” - that’s leaves a broad range of interpretations in my mind of how to tell a kid that driving drunk is a good way to kill yourself and others.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Either my searching is bad or someone cleaned up the mess but I don’t see any threads where he got beat up here.

Anyway I should have realized like Medic people would focus on the Crocker stuff.

I was actually interested in the rest of what he said.

I am inclined to beleive his story in the article because he was only suspended a few weeks. Dare we forget beergate.

Reaction Score
The article reads like someone who is hyper-sensitive. "Superhero complex" in HS with only offers from UConn and Albany? Best wishes to him.

Reaction Score
The article reads like someone who is hyper-sensitive. "Superhero complex" in HS with only offers from UConn and Albany? Best wishes to him.
Well he has anxiety which is a real medical condition so yeah, he is sensitive. The problem is that it's hard to talk about and in circles like football teams that doesn't usually go over well

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Just goes to show you that these kids are human and they have a lot of pressure in their lives. No blame on Crocker or Robinson, it's just life. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a very self aware young man. Hopefully he will complete is education and go on to a happy and productive life.

A lot of nonsense takes place on these boards. I certainly contribute my share. That said, it’s important not too judge or speculate on these kids. Critique the on field performance, sure, but it shouldn’t go beyond that.

These kids do read these boards. They are young and many will not fully understand how meaningless much of the drivel is that is posted.

There is little doubt in my mind that when I was their age I would not have had the maturity or discipline to compete at this level, even if I had all the athletic ability in the world. In many ways, I’m thankful I didn’t have that ability.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a very self aware young man. Hopefully he will complete is education and go on to a happy and productive life.

A lot of nonsense takes place on these boards. I certainly contribute my share. That said, it’s important not too judge or speculate on these kids. Critique the on field performance, sure, but it shouldn’t go beyond that.

These kids do read these boards. They are young and many will not fully understand how meaningless much of the drivel is that is posted.

There is little doubt in my mind that when I was their age I would not have had the maturity or discipline to compete at this level, even if I had all the athletic ability in the world. In many ways, I’m thankful I didn’t have that ability.
Players really shouldn't be on these fan forums. They're for fans to talk ish.

Reaction Score
It’s generational too. We all know kids (17-21) who got screwed for a relatively minor event. Which the law or school saw as the presence of deeper morass. I think - in my yout - we bit the bullit and took the punishment. Now society imposes this redemptive talk. And Zoloft.

How Robinson collects himself and responds to adversity is everything. Same as it ever was.

And. Why would we take the Offer list as simply Albany & UConn. I think Twitter has changed that reporting; but there’s simply not full information. If he said Rutgers & UConn & Temple & Maryland watched him ... let him live with that.

Reaction Score
Well he has anxiety which is a real medical condition so yeah, he is sensitive. The problem is that it's hard to talk about and in circles like football teams that doesn't usually go over well
All credit to Robinson confronting and addressing challenges far too many people go throughout their lives avoiding acknowledging and taking actions to address and improve their lives. Good luck to the wise, young guy!

Reaction Score
Our society is over criminalized. Back in the day it would be give me your keys and get a ride, even though you’re not impaired I can’t let you drive. Instead we stigmatize everything, label everyone and then revel in the plight of those who make mistakes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our society is over criminalized. Back in the day it would be give me your keys and get a ride, even though you’re not impaired I can’t let you drive. Instead we stigmatize everything, label everyone and then revel in the plight of those who make mistakes.
Especially, when so much is due to luck

C

Chief00

So true and this kid is clearly thoughtful and intelligent. I also think he was honest about mistakes he made and our World has become too legalistic and unforgiving for someone at that youthful age.
As a football player he did shy away from contact sometimes either due to injuries or because we had to play him too soon before his body was ready. Having said that I recall him making a few very athletic plays that most of our defense did not have the ability to make. I wish him well in life. Chief.

C

Chief00

Especially, when so much is due to luck
The other thing is, and this might not apply in this particular case since he had good family support, kids from the hood don’t have the resources to get the attorneys that can get this stuff wiped off their records - instead they pay a price that a kid from Wilton or Westport don’t have to pay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom