The Rivalry Begins... please... | The Boneyard

The Rivalry Begins... please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Rivalry, one sided one maybe. NCST is still trying to convince UNC and Duke they are rivals (though maybe they found their level against UNNC or whoever they lost to).

Reaction Score
I guess now you don't have to play competitive, meaningful games against a team in order to consider them your rival. You can just declare a rivalry into existence.

I'll take UConn-Pitt (early-mid 00's), Giants-Cowboys, Red Sox-Yankees, Knicks-Bulls (early 90's). Those were rivalries.

Reaction Score
I dont think UConn-Pitt gets enough credit as far as a good rivalry. It seemed like from 2002-2013, every time we played them it was an intense game settled by single digits. During that time period, we played them 4 times in the Big East tournament, and I think thats more than we played BC in the tournament during their entire stay in the Big East. The 2002 and 2004 Big East Championship games were classics and it doesnt seem like those are talked about much. The 2003 BE Championship game was bad only because we lost. Cant forget the Kemba game either.

caw

Reaction Score
UConn vs Auburn football has now supplanted Alabama vs Auburn football as a rivalry. Please update next years NCAA football guide. Thanks. What, they don't even play, doesn't matter, it has been declared and I am printing a t-shirt. T-shirts never lie.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I dont think UConn-Pitt gets enough credit as far as a good rivalry. It seemed like from 2002-2013, every time we played them it was an intense game settled by single digits. During that time period, we played them 4 times in the Big East tournament, and I think thats more than we played BC in the tournament during their entire stay in the Big East. The 2002 and 2004 Big East Championship games were classics and it doesnt seem like those are talked about much. The 2003 BE Championship game was bad only because we lost. Cant forget the Kemba game either.
It was intense, but it was a short run. Other than the Khalid-on-the-table game, no one much cared about Pitt before Howland got there.
Unless people here have a burning hatred of Darren Morningstar, I don't know.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
LOL guarantee it's just another game for Duke.
The only college basketball rivalry game is Dook/UNC. ESPN tells me this every year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm betting that most Cuse fans will have a very short honeymoon with tobacco row. If the NCAA does prevent Hairston from playing, Cuse will get some satisfaction this season. But that will be short lived. More than one Cuse fan will regret joining the ACC.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jesus. Syracuse makes shirts when Boeheim has a regular Bowel movement. Those shirts do have a plucky, gritty quality to them. With lots of heroic, overachieving effort they may even stay within 20 pts of dook.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ok to play BC but they are not a rival.
Disagree. I still enjoy beating them more than anyone else. So, to me at least, its a rivalry.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ok to play BC but they are not a rival.
You might want to click on the link of the op. This thread is not about UConn BC but Cuse and Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom