The (revised) Way-Too-Early top 25 in college hoops from ESPN | The Boneyard

The (revised) Way-Too-Early top 25 in college hoops from ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another post draft decision day Top 25. UConn is 24th in this one.

The (revised) Way-Too-Early top 25 in college hoops

24. Connecticut Huskies
There's a reason the 2015-16 Huskies so flummoxed and frustrated their fans: The foundation for better ball was always plain to see, on the court and in the numbers, as UConn finished conference play with the stingiest per-possession defense in the American. (Yes, including SMU). That foundation remains. If Kevin Ollie's team defends (a fair expectation, considering Amida Brimah's ongoing residence in Storrs), squanders fewer late leads, and (or?) takes a few Jalen Adams-led steps on offense, 2016-17 should be considerably less fraught.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The letter of the day is V. As in Villanova and Virginia. The two guest teams that get to join the pre-season top six with the four that are placed there every single year.

As for us, we are ahead of Syracuse!

Reaction Score
How did Cincinnati get #22? Honestly I would have not put Cincinnati in the top 25 at all.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
How did Cincinnati get #22? Honestly I would have not put Cincinnati in the top 25 at all.
2 reasons. Gary Clark and Troy Caupain. Some people are predicting Clark wins AAC POY.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think that is a pretty good list. Obviously, I wish UConn was a little higher on the list, but all in all, the list seems fairly accurate.

It boggles the mind who otherwise intelligent people can look at the classes that Kentucky brings in and not get suspicious. How come no other coach in the history of college basketball has ever been able to recruit like this over this long a period?

Reaction Score
I think that is a pretty good list. Obviously, I wish UConn was a little higher on the list, but all in all, the list seems fairly accurate.

It boggles the mind who otherwise intelligent people can look at the classes that Kentucky brings in and not get suspicious. How come no other coach in the history of college basketball has ever been able to recruit like this over this long a period?

K is basically matching him stride for stride these last few years. I would be more suspicious if that wasn't the case.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think K's university and record should give him the edge. Calipari has left a trail of mess behind him. Still lots of room for suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom