The remaining top 20 for 2018... | The Boneyard

The remaining top 20 for 2018...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know these kids have narrowed their choices, but some still have 5 or more on their lists. I realize kids can change their minds, but anyone have any idea who the most serious contenders seem to be for each kid?

1 - Christyn Williams
3 - Olivia Nelson Ododa
5 - Aquira DeCosta
13 - Zarielle Green
14 - Queen Egbo
16 - Honesty Scott Grayson

We have read/heard that UCONN seems to be the leaders for Williams. Is anyone one else a close 2nd? what about the rest? I thought maybe DeCosta wouldn't leave the west coast, but she only seems to be considering 1 team (USC) at this point in CA...

Reaction Score
Just a guess on my end, but I think we’ll see
Williams -Uconn
Olivia Nelson Ododa -Georgia
Aquila DeCosta- Louisville
Zarielle Green - Texas A&M
Queen Egbo- Mississippi st
Honesty Scott Grayson - Ohio St

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count out FSU for ONO.

1. Williams--hopefully UCONN
2. ONO--FSU/Georgia/South Carolina
3. Decosta--Louisville or Southern Cal
4. Green--no idea. TAMU is logical choice
5. Egbo--had smith not chose Baylor I would have said the bears. I'm thinking Texas though
6. Scott-Grayson--tOSU is a good spot since they have no one

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Will any of them be singing Rocky Top?

Reaction Score
You tell us - who do you think Tenn leads for, or has a legit shot at landing?

I read their board. The believe they have a legit shot at DeCosta and Williams, especially because they are friends and have said they want to play together.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You tell us - who do you think Tenn leads for, or has a legit shot at landing?
You can't always tell in recruiting. Last year I thought Patterson would go to Tennessee not ND. If I had to guess one for this years class. I think it would be DeCosta. I think Tennessee can get at least one more recruit. Tennessee has Collins and Massingill so far

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I think we have a legit shot at DeCosta. Current freshman Loretta Kakala and she are best friends. I know that does not make it a done deal, but, I think it does give us an edge.

While last I heard Honesty had Louisville on her short list, Jody Demling ( local beat writer), has stated that our only remaining targets are DeCosta and Victoria Saxton.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You can't always tell in recruiting. Last year I thought Patterson would go to Tennessee not ND. If I had to guess one for this years class. I think it would be DeCosta. I think Tennessee can get at least one more recruit. Tennessee has Collins and Massingill so far
Besides DeCosta, who else is Tenn really in with (I mean who else is Warlick really recruiting)...? Not like 1 out of 20, but kids they are really focused on... I suppose I could go to Volnation and see, but I always feel like I need a shower after reading that board... ;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Besides DeCosta, who else is Tenn really in with (I mean who else is Warlick really recruiting)...? Not like 1 out of 20, but kids they are really focused on... I suppose I could go to Volnation and see, but I always feel like I need a shower after reading that board... ;)
Williams has a visit also. I think it depends a lot on how the visit goes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think we have a legit shot at DeCosta. Current freshman Loretta Kakala and she are best friends. I know that does not make it a done deal, but, I think it does give us an edge.

While last I heard Honesty had Louisville on her short list, Jody Demling ( local beat writer), has stated that our only remaining targets are DeCosta and Victoria Saxton.
FWIW I'd like to see her end up there. I like Walz. Besides Durr (2015), you guys got 2 top 20 kids from 2016 (Johnson and Shook), and #9 Evans out of 2017 (also 2 kids just inside the top 25), and then not much yet from 2018. DeCosta would be a great get from that class. You did already nab #3 Nyah Green from 2019 so that's a great start...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I read their board. The believe they have a legit shot at DeCosta and Williams, especially because they are friends and have said they want to play together.
Wow fascinating. I guess we will see soon enough. It seems like that would be an upset of gargantuan proportions, but kids have made decisions for crazier reasons so who knows!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had not heard that, but I have heard that Christyn is close with Megan, Lexi, Crystal, et al.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has two commitments and 4-6 additional 2018 recruits still in play. Official visit dates are set for DeCosta and Williams. Coaches are working with Rae Burrell and Zarielle Green to establish dates for their visits. We have a home visit set for mid-September with post Jessika Carter, of Waverly Hall, Georgia, after which she will reduce her long list to a final five. The sixth is a foreign player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder if "being friends with whoever" is overrated as a factor in recruits' choices. I imagine most of them have a lot of friends from AAU ball. Unless you actually know players pretty intimately, how do we know who their absolute best friends are. Several times I have seen the word out that so and so want to play together, yet they go to different programs. When it comes down to it, the relationship with the coach, their reactions to the university, and how they see themselves fitting into the lineup seem a lot more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom