OT: The Red Sox are the new Patriots. | The Boneyard

OT: The Red Sox are the new Patriots.

Reaction Score
BTW, I put O T : before my header and it didn't show up when posted.

Reaction Score
read the article, its loaded with Yankee stealing sign techniques from he past few years

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Disappointing.

MLB can and probably should drop the hammer.

no hate us cause they ain’t us Bs that you get from delusional pats fans.

Reaction Score
I vote they give the trophy to the team that would have beaten them if they hadn't cheated. The Houston Astros.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
MLB should just make this legal. This whole nonsense about signs is ridiculous. Teams have been stealing signs since signs were first used. It's a part of the game.

Too much edge to the batter? Here's a fix, no stepping out of the batters box once you are in it, and a pitch clock on pitches. Get back to playing baseball the way it was intended. It's unwatchable right now.

Reaction Score
MLB should just make this legal. This whole nonsense about signs is ridiculous. Teams have been stealing signs since signs were first used. It's a part of the game.

Too much edge to the batter? Here's a fix, no stepping out of the batters box once you are in it, and a pitch clock on pitches. Get back to playing baseball the way it was intended. It's unwatchable right now.
lol, roids should obviously be allowed as well.

Reaction Score

Stealing signs while standing on 2nd base has always been "legal" that's not cheating it's baseball. That is part of the game. Using technology to do so is downright cheating and no it shouldn't be allowed. It's a monster advantage. Maybe as easy as looking at Mookie 2018 vs 2019 to understand. Mookies a very good player but even better knowing what's coming at him, if he's sitting on number 1 it's almost unfair to the pitcher. He hit .361 at home in '18 and .316 in '19. His average overall about the same difference. If they were still cheating this year they didn't figure it out well I guess but probably laid off after winning it all and stepping over the line on this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stealing signs while standing on 2nd base has always been "legal" that's not cheating it's baseball. That is part of the game. Using technology to do so is downright cheating and no it shouldn't be allowed. It's a monster advantage. Maybe as easy as looking at Mookie 2018 vs 2019 to understand. Mookies a very good player but even better knowing what's coming at him, if he's sitting on number 1 it's almost unfair to the pitcher. He hit .361 at home in '18 and .316 in '19. His average overall about the same difference. If they were still cheating this year they didn't figure it out well I guess but probably laid off after winning it all and stepping over the line on this.

I don't think it's likely that it plays a major role. It really only applies (as the Red Sox supposedly did it) when there is a man on 2nd or maybe 1st base, and they are deep enough into the game to have given the signs to the players. Then the guy on base has to tip off the batter each time. Is there some evidence (we can certainly watch replays) that this happened? The Astros tipped the pitches live via banging on garbage can. Quite a bit worse.

So get rid of the video replay room access during games or have it monitored as it was in the playoffs. It is certainly ok to watch film of past games to steal signs and I'm sure every team does that. Even in the middle of a series. So unless teams change signs every game, they are vulnerable.

I guess my point is that it doesn't impact every at bat, and like roids, every team was doing it. Baseball needs to make sure the playing field is level, but other than that it doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the Pats and the Sox worked together to get a group discount in camera equipment?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom