The Red Road | The Boneyard

The Red Road

Reaction Score
Wondering if anyone else has been watching The Red Road on Sundance channel? The second season is finishing up and I'm really enjoying it. I've always been interested in the Lenape people of North Jersey since I was a kid I've heard my family talk about the mysterious Jackson Whites of the Ramapough mountains. Jackson Whites is an offensive nickname these people have had to deal with forever, they are definitely an interesting population of people that want to be left alone to live their simple lives in the mountains.

Reaction Score
Wondering if anyone else has been watching The Red Road on Sundance channel? The second season is finishing up and I'm really enjoying it. I've always been interested in the Lenape people of North Jersey since I was a kid I've heard my family talk about the mysterious Jackson Whites of the Ramapough mountains. Jackson Whites is an offensive nickname these people have had to deal with forever, they are definitely an interesting population of people that want to be left alone to live their simple lives in the mountains.

Never expected to read about the Ramapough Mountains on this board. My family is from around there. They were originally on the New York side, and have only migrated across the border since I was older, so my knowledge of the Lenape is newer. Never heard of them until my youngest cousins started going to school with them a while back.

Reaction Score
Never expected to read about the Ramapough Mountains on this board. My family is from around there. They were originally on the New York side, and have only migrated across the border since I was older, so my knowledge of the Lenape is newer. Never heard of them until my youngest cousins started going to school with them a while back.
Check it out if you get a chance, it shows the strange dynamic between the Lenape "mountain people" and the people who live in town, also gets into their fight for tribal recognition and how a huge company polluted their mountain with paint sludge, both real life issues. The show is pretty gripping and there is always kind of a feeling of dread right around the corner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom