OT - The Real Football Season Starts Tonight! Go BIG Blue !! | The Boneyard

OT - The Real Football Season Starts Tonight! Go BIG Blue !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eli and the Boys, Start their 3rd Championship Run Tonight at 7:10.

LET'S GO G I A N T S !!!

new_york_giants_home_by_drunkenmoonkey-d36j79y1.png

Reaction Score
nothings changed if were gonna suck just go 2-14 and get a high pick not 7-9 or 6-10.

Reaction Score
Eli is horrendous, time to go in a different direction at QB, just wish they did something in the offseason.

Reaction Score
Eli is horrendous, time to go in a different direction at QB, just wish they did something in the offseason.

They certainly need to think about it however this game Eli couldn't do anything the Oline is terrible the best Lineman they have are the rookie Westburg and 2nd year guy Pugh. I don't know what they are doing running fade routes to Jernigan he needs to be used like a Percy Harvin type with screens and handoffs. Eli got into a rhythm with the new offense but can't do behind that Oline.

Reaction Score
We are done, maybe 4-5 wins. Each team I root for needs a new oline, OC, and qb.

Reaction Score
Giants suck......awful decision to go with the west coast offense in the middle of an older QB's career, awful. And a terrible O Line and kids all over the place all learning this? Stupid job - the defense ucked balls too.....

They are awful.......won't miss tee time for golf on Sunday for this squad that's for sure!

UConn hoops can't get here fast enough - Yanks, UCoon football, Giants - yikes!! Thanks God for ND/Golson LOL

Reaction Score
On the brighter side, Tony Romo got the game ball from the Niners in Sunday’s game. His effort to snuff out multiple Cowboy drives with well timed throws to various cornerbacks, safeties, and even linebackers in red was the key to turning Jerry Jones stadium into Candlestick Park East. Plus, he effectively took DeMarco Murray, who was the only player that looked like a threat, out of the game by sticking to the passing game no matter what.

Reaction Score
everyone is always so quick to dismiss the entire team after 1 game. its a brand new offensive system, let's revisit things after arizona and houston

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The only thing that will keep the Redskins out of last place are the New York Football Giants (and maybe the Cowboys). They looked awful last night. Most of the teams who lost in week 1 have at least some hope (yes, even the 'Skins). Nothing that I saw last night would make me feel good if I were a Giants fan. No line (D or O), anxious "Franchise" QB, shoddy receivers, and no talent in the secondary.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can't spell "patsy" without "pats" either.

If this is the price of two Super Bowl wins over that dandy QB and cheat HC to the north, I'm happy to pay it.

It's a painful feast or famine with our G-Men. Pats consistency vs. Giants recent super bowls?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Eli will be fine. He just has to survive the rebuild/ change phase the Giants are going through . Some guys don't survive that phase but he'll be ok once Bill
Cowher replaces Coughlin.

Reaction Score
Eli probably isn't very good anymore, but it's hard to tell given how terrible that entire offense is. There's just no talent around him. I'm not sure I've seen a worse supporting cast for a Giants QB in my lifetime. In either case, I don't really care. The guy has had the best career for a Giants QB ever, won two SB MVPs, including one of my very favorite sports moments ever. He's certainly done enough for me.

Reaction Score
We are done, maybe 4-5 wins. Each team I root for needs a new oline, OC, and qb.

What's annoying is that if they suck they won't just suck they will go through a stretch of losing 5 in a row then winning 5 in a row taking themselves out of a good pick. Only the Giants do this there so unpredictable I actually got pissed when the Giants won down the stretch last year because I either wanted Clowney or a stud tackle.

Reaction Score
You can't average 2 yards a carry, and Eli was running for his life all night. When the ball went to a receiver they weren't looking or dropped it half the time. How's that his fault? Their defensive backfield was supposed to be upgraded and their offensive line improved but we did not see it last night. At times they shut the running game down well. It's too early to give up but their schedule gets ridiculous later on so they can't wait too long. Eli is fine but one of his strengths is the long ball and this West Coast thing did not show it. They will make changes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a difference a few weeks makes, eh?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
fyi-It's the REDSKINS.
Thanks. I watched the game and somehow wasn't aware of the opponent.

FYI, the week before it was HOUSTON.

Who knows how good any of them are? The Giants' last two Super Bowl teams were teams no one believed in until the final game. The point is to get enough wins to stay in the hunt, and at least they are off to a better start than last season. I don't care who the competition is; it is good to see the offense starting to work when just a few weeks ago many were declaring Eli as good as dead and a terrible match for this offensive system. I'm sure they will rip my heart out a dozen more times this season, but it's nice to have hope for something other than college basketball for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom