• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After today I am curious about what this august body thinks.

Sounds like Mora is sticking with Evers despite the fact that he made Zion Turner look like an All-American.

Sheffield and Bell were basically invisible before Fagnano came on. Fagnano has poor touch, but we need the best available QB starting. He gets my vote. Welliver doesn't deserve to get thrown into this disaster.

Reaction Score
Evers showed a stronger arm and clearly more athletic than Joe. Joe seem to understand the offense better and may have made better decisions. I think you stay with Evers because of what appears to be a higher upside. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind as early as the first quarter next week.

Reaction Score
Evers showed a stronger arm and clearly more athletic than Joe. Joe seem to understand the offense better and may have made better decisions. I think you stay with Evers because of what appears to be a higher upside. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind as early as the first quarter next week.
Fagnano has to rocket everything because he has a weak arm and Evers arm doesn't seem much better.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I really think Welliver might be the guy. Winning history. But that makes you wonder why we spent NIL resources on Evers. Hopefully he's better than he's looked but meh.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I wrote in the game chat that Fagnano seemed more poised than Evers. I dunno though if this is a QB issue or offensive scheme problem. Of course doesn't matter who the QB is if the receivers don't catch the damn ball.

Reaction Score
It’s too soon to give up on Evers. They didn’t bring him in to nail him to the bench after 35 minutes of football. It was his first college start and there was a clear talent mismatch. If he’s still struggling next week, then we have a problem.

Reaction Score
It’s too soon to give up on Evers. They didn’t bring him in to nail him to the bench after 35 minutes of football. It was his first college start and there was a clear talent mismatch. If he’s still struggling next week, then we have a problem.
I'm pretty indifferent to the QB position this year because I don't think Mora is going to play anyone besides Fagnano or Evers, but neither of them are as good as Pindell or Shirrefs. If neither are as good as them then idk why we're not trying anyone else.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think it has to be Evers and Welliver. And if you think Welliver is the future, then you play him now. In the new college landscape of transfer portal, if he's good and doesn't play, he's gone...

Reaction Score
I'm pretty indifferent to the QB position this year because I don't think Mora is going to play anyone besides Fagnano or Evers, but neither of them are as good as Pindell or Shirrefs. If neither are as good as them then idk why we're not trying anyone else.
Ironically, Pindell had a terrible first start against Holy Cross and got benched halfway through that game in favor of Shirreffs. Pindell ended up being pretty good. We can’t expect every kid to shine as soon as they step on the field.

Reaction Score
I think it has to be Evers and Welliver. And if you think Welliver is the future, then you play him now. In the new college landscape of transfer portal, if he's good and doesn't play, he's gone...

I say give Evers the keys one more time and if he cannot hack it against Merrimack, move on. they probably won't do this given the $. also technically the kid is learning, given his no real experience.

Just one more game may be too harsh, but we don't have time for projects, IMO.

I don't think the coaches will let Welliver on the field, but I would. Then again i know nothing about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom