The Punch | The Boneyard

The Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, here we are. I've got no voice left, and I feel physically and emotionally drained after having watched a magical moment slip through our fingers.

Having said that...earlier in the week, I asked our players (hopefully, none of them read my crap) to reach deep down inside and find that pride. Find that power. Find enough to come out tonight swinging. And they did. They punched Michigan. They punched them in #$king mouth!

And the smug- Michigan fans knew they got punched in the mouth, too. Their volume before the game started and their volume by the third quarter was significantly different. Of course I wish that we didn't punch ourselves with the silliness (penalties, INT, missed FG, running an "option-read" with a QB that can't run, etc.). But we showed a hell of a lot of heart and pride on national tv, and watching those kids go into the locker room at halftime was truly a sight to see. All the stars in the crowd, the noise, the energy, and the punches we threw....I'm "Husky Proud."

Pride. Heart. UConn.

Reaction Score
Well, here we are. I've got no voice left, and I feel physically and emotionally drained after having watched a magical moment slip through our fingers.

Having said that...earlier in the week, I asked our players (hopefully, none of them read my crap) to reach deep down inside and find that pride. Find that power. Find enough to come out tonight swinging. And they did. They punched Michigan. They punched them in #$king mouth!

And the smug- Michigan fans knew they got punched in the mouth, too. Their volume before the game started and their volume by the third quarter was significantly different. Of course I wish that we didn't punch ourselves with the silliness (penalties, INT, missed FG, running an "option-read" with a QB that can't run, etc.). But we showed a hell of a lot of heart and pride on national tv, and watching those kids go into the locker room at halftime was truly a sight to see. All the stars in the crowd, the noise, the energy, and the punches we threw....I'm "Husky Proud."

Pride. Heart. UConn.
yes we did. They heard u Dan! They may have won but we hit them hard. We pushed after the plays something I have been longing for for two seasons. Smallwood literally slammed toussant to the ground in the second half then waited for him by the sidelines. That is the equivalent of a fight in hockey. Fires up the team. Devin Gardner got popped quite a bit. Shamar Stephan found his inner shamar Stephan. He played like a 6 foot five 320 pounder. Unfortunately we couldn't close the deal.

Reaction Score
The fans in the bleachers were screaming for a penalty after Stephens threw he down like a rag doll.

Reaction Score
yes we did. They heard u Dan! They may have won but we hit them hard. We pushed after the plays something I have been longing for for two seasons. Smallwood literally slammed toussant to the ground in the second half then waited for him by the sidelines. That is the equivalent of a fight in hockey. Fires up the team. Devin Gardner got popped quite a bit. Shamar Stephan found his inner shamar Stephan. He played like a 6 foot five 320 pounder. Unfortunately we couldn't close the deal.

I **loved** how our guys were getting all up in Taylor Lewan's grill all game. Loved that !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom