The problem is defense, obviously | The Boneyard

The problem is defense, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I think Sterling Gibbs is certainly a good weapon to have as maybe a 2 guard, I am worried about his defense. He doesn't seem to have the footspeed for man-to-man.

As for our big men, they are lost on switches. Brimah is lost, but more concerningly, so is Miller.

Somehow that needs to be fixed.

Reaction Score
Can Alterique Gilbert reclassify for next game? He'd solve a lot of our defensive problems.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Gibbs is purely a shooter, nothing else. Purvis tries to be everything, but he's not. We just have a bunch of unpolished, one-dimensional players. Except for Hamilton of course.

Reaction Score
Gibbs just looks lost running the point. Can't create movement, putrid passes, etc. we all saw the game.

From what I can see, Jalen or Daniel need to be running this offense.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
and rebounding, we get killed on the glass
I want to see what our offensive rebound differential is. We seem to be getting 0 offensive boards. We leak back as soon as a shot goes up. We get no 2nd chance points at all.

Reaction Score
I am dissapointed in the offense, we have some good shooters but set no high screens,ball screens or run catch and shoot plays for them

Reaction Score
I have not watched the replay yet but Maryland must have had 20+ points in the first half off pick and rolls. The switches always seem to be wrong and slow rotations. It was like they had never seen it before. They did clean that up after halftime. They also started attacking the paint in the 2nd half so I give the coaching some credit for changing things up. Hiwevef it was painfully obvious that our schemes needed adjustment before we Went down by 20.

Reaction Score
Team defense and rotations are putrid. The team is soft and doesn't hit anyone. No one has stepped up to be that leader or even the bad guy a la Dennis Rodman that sets the tone.

also Enoch clearly doesn't get as many minutes many would like to see because his defense is a liability.

Best part is these things are fixable and ollie will do everything to fix them

Reaction Score
Team defense and rotations are putrid. The team is soft and doesn't hit anyone. No one has stepped up to be that leader or even the bad guy a la Dennis Rodman that sets the tone.

also Enoch clearly doesn't get as many minutes many would like to see because his defense is a liability.

Best part is these things are fixable and ollie will do everything to fix them

There was one play where Encoch was on the right block (my right) saw the defender beat Gibbs or Adams off the dribble and he never moved. Now its likely the dribbler kicks but you at least have to rotate and defend. He will learn in time though.

Reaction Score
Before the season stated I was most concerned with defense. I am now equally as concerned for the offense. Last night nothing was working, we looked like a team with 0 offensive identity

Reaction Score
Before the season stated I was most concerned with defense. I am now equally as concerned for the offense. Last night nothing was working, we looked like a team with 0 offensive identity

It started to work when they began to get into the paint in the 2nd half. That brought the defense in a step or two and created space for a few 3 pointers. Plus DHam and Miller were scoring inside. They had no one who could guard DHam. Unless he has a broken limb he cannot come out of the game.

Reaction Score
It started to work when they began to get into the paint in the 2nd half. That brought the defense in a step or two and created space for a few 3 pointers. Plus DHam and Miller were scoring inside. They had no one who could guard DHam. Unless he has a broken limb he cannot come out of the game.

Then we are talking about a motivation problem which could be even worse imo. All three losses look like they were played out almost exactly the same. So we can only execute when we are desperate with our backs against the wall.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Miller was top 15 in the nation in rebounding last year, what happened to that guy?

Reaction Score
Miller was top 15 in the nation in rebounding last year, what happened to that guy?

The guys he s playing against got taller and faster. Hes got "some" attitude but he needs to play harder with more purpose

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Our guards got torched off the bounce on the perimeter and whenever Brimah wasn't in the game it was a cake walk down the lane. Our D has suffered far too many lapses for far too long of stretches. If we don't get our defensive woes worked out we will be mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom