The prep to the opening of 2019 Spring Practice (2/12) begins... | The Boneyard

The prep to the opening of 2019 Spring Practice (2/12) begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Olympic lifts. Strength, power, explosiveness, balance and coordination. The snatch is some serious work. Clean and jerk takes some explosive power and great upper and lower body strength. Getting out of the squat position in both of these not only takes power but great balance.
Probably not part of a modern football program strength program but if not hope the substitutes are better.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pumped up. What day is the spring game?
Our roster is better shape to actually have a spring game vs last year. Better balance on the O and D lines. No thins spots except for TE and Corey can just play that position for now.

Yeah, I know you are needling here.

Reaction Score
Randy cancelled the 2019 spring game. Let’s hope he changes his mind.
Hell yes, I agree!! Beautiful spring afternoon. Just because it doesn't sell season tix like it used to do, nonetheless it is key to generating enthusiasm among the few fans left. Kindles interest in football. If the weather is nice we always go. Suspect this was driven by scheduling more than anything else though.

Reaction Score
Randy cancelled the 2019 spring game. Let’s hope he changes his mind.
Hopefully a blue/white scrimmage this spring would be nice.

Reminder: UConn Football to Adjust 2019 Off-Season Schedule

>>The team will begin 2019 spring practice on Tuesday, February 12 while the 15th and final practice of spring ball is scheduled for Friday, March 15. Comparatively, 2018 spring practice ran from March 5 - April 14.

As a result of the early start to 2019 spring practice, the program will refrain from holding its annual Spring Game and will instead plan on hosting a Youth Clinic and Fan Appreciation Function at the Mark R. Shenkman Training Center on campus. The date for the clinic is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 6.<<

Reaction Score
I hope Edsall doesn't change his mind...

Let these kids get in the lab, get focused, and be ready for the start of the season. We can't see trash football, on defense, anymore... The past few years have been disgraceful for UConn football because of it... So let them get the stuff in order behind the scenes, so that when we see them again in late August, we can be pleasantly surprised...

Reaction Score

Let these kids get in the lab, get focused, and be ready for the start of the season. We can't see trash football, on defense, anymore... The past few years have been disgraceful for UConn football because of it... So let them get the stuff in order behind the scenes, so that when we see them again in late August, we can be pleasantly surprised...
There are FB players who take lab courses? ;) ;)

Reaction Score

And you think the problem was the Spring Game?

Reaction Score
And you think the problem was the Spring Game?
Not at all...
Edsall has circled the wagons before.. As a fan, like everybody else, I wanna see the progress; however, with all that's happened with this team over the past few years, maybe this will help us focus more. So, when we come out of the gate to start 2019, we might be better off.. There's so much noise (negative) about this program (rightfully so). Anything to try and right the ship, even if it means preparing this team for success without the fanbase seeing the progress (in the Spring), then so be it... after all we "we talkin about practice"...

Reaction Score
Pin this post. Most positive statement from Whaler since he gushed over Diaco in 2015!

Whaler definitely knew that there was no spring game..... He is much less pumped then you gave him credit for. He only made that remark so he could call out the fact that there is no spring game. Not buying the enthusiasm from him. -------Death. Taxes. Whaler Snarky remarks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler definitely knew that there was no spring game..... He is much less pumped then you gave him credit for. He only made that remark so he could call out the fact that there is no spring game. Not buying the enthusiasm from him. -------Death. Taxes. Whaler Snarky remarks.

Lighten up it was a joke about not having a spring game. And CosCob knew it too.

Reaction Score
U r far more alert and perceptive than I, sir.

I thought it was a realization that we typically don't have enough players to make for a meaningful game and they could simply use more practice time. I never considered the $$ angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom