The Potential of Marvin Washington to build around | The Boneyard

The Potential of Marvin Washington to build around

Reaction Score
Post-David Pindell, I believe Marvin Washington really has the 'it factor' to lead UConn back to winning seasons.
I know he's working hard on academics right now, but he's really a smart kid.
I was wondering what some of the impressions on this board are of his potential.
He committed to Scott Frost at UCF before decommitting when they took two other quarterbacks. One of those guys has since followed Frost to Nebraska and the other will be replacing Milton in the title game next week.
Anyway, I believe UConn's success is greatly helped by having a dual threat at QB and this guy kinda bears a resemblance to Kyler Murray (only he's much taller)
.QB Marvin Washington talks UCF decommitment, possible FAU future

Reaction Score
It factor, hmmmm! I want a QB that can throw passes accurately and reads progressions. If it takes a smart or dumb QB, doesn't matter to me as long as he can pass. UConn played this year on half a field offensively and is 108th in scoring, QB must be able to pass.

Reaction Score
Post-David Pindell, I believe Marvin Washington really has the 'it factor' to lead UConn back to winning seasons.
I know he's working hard on academics right now, but he's really a smart kid.
I was wondering what some of the impressions on this board are of his potential.
He committed to Scott Frost at UCF before decommitting when they took two other quarterbacks. One of those guys has since followed Frost to Nebraska and the other will be replacing Milton in the title game next week.
Anyway, I believe UConn's success is greatly helped by having a dual threat at QB and this guy kinda bears a resemblance to Kyler Murray (only he's much taller)
.QB Marvin Washington talks UCF decommitment, possible FAU future

Yeah thats the only difference

Reaction Score
He has the physical talent no doubt about that. Big time arm, effortless whip of a windup, 6'2" with 4.7 speed. Love his talent but he needs to work hard and master the other aspects of the game and he needs to stay out of the coach's dog house.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Washington and Krajewski are poised to have a terrific head to head battle for the QB job this spring. No idea who will emerge victorious.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice video
What happens when 6 UCF monsters are in his face?
I like the kid as well as Krajewski - lets see what happens

Reaction Score
He has the physical talent no doubt about that. Big time arm, effortless whip of a windup, 6'2" with 4.7 speed. Love his talent but he needs to work hard and master the other aspects of the game and he needs to stay out of the coach's dog house.
Have you looked at his stats? He did not look confident out there. He might have a big time arm but even the announcer said he has to keep the ball in bounds. It would’ve been nice if Pindell had another year. I will admit Washington has a lot of upside but I’m just not sold on him yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Assuming the center today after Crozier came outis the center next season it doesn’t matter who the quarterback is. If he somehow accurately snaps it he will whiff on his block.

Reaction Score
There are so many other pieces missing from this team that it really doesn’t matter at this point who is at the helm.

Reaction Score
"A bigger Kyler Murray" lmao

I guess I don't have the leeway with this crowd to speak in sports jargon.

If you've watched McKenzie Milton the last couple years, you should have a deeper appreciation for the traits and qualities it takes to get a QB offer from Scott Frost. For those who don't know, Frost evaluated quarterbacks for Chip Kelly at Oregon.

Make of that what you will. Washington's not gonna be a stiff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom