The potential new BE teams are OK in basketball | The Boneyard

The potential new BE teams are OK in basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, I looked up the records of Houston, SMU, UCF, and Temple. Houston is the ranked 48 all time by winning percentage and Temple is ranked 14. UCF has an all time winning percentage of 56.4 percent (vs Pitt at 58.0 percent), and SMU has a winning percentage of 51.0 percent. I would think moving to the BE would help all of the schools as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Houston will be a perennial NCAA bubble team within a few years. Too much local talent and history with that program. Otherwise, upgrading a hoops program is very hard. I don't see SMU or UCF as much more than fodder to keep PC and Seton Hall out of the basement.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what kind of rabbit the Big East pulled out of the hat. Pitt and Syracuse have been declining, in the football department. Miami's football fans don't attend.

We should keep PC as pets. Need some New England kid to bully until it's time to expand again.

Reaction Score
I think Houston will be a perennial NCAA bubble team within a few years. Too much local talent and history with that program. Otherwise, upgrading a hoops program is very hard. I don't see SMU or UCF as much more than fodder to keep PC and Seton Hall out of the basement.

UCF got into the top 25 last year. I think they are better than Seton Hall, DePaul, USF, Rutgers, etc.

Reaction Score
BE is like a growth stock. If we are going to be part of this, we might as well keep growing it. Most of the programs like us have grew up in the BE. Programs like USF, UL and Cincy grew up with us.

There is another some comments from a TV media person that said new BE could land a TV deal between $16M to $18M per year. All is not lost yet.

Reaction Score
BE is like a growth stock. If we are going to be part of this, we might as well keep growing it. Most of the programs like us have grew up in the BE. Programs like USF, UL and Cincy grew up with us.

There is another some comments from a TV media person that said new BE could land a TV deal between $16M to $18M per year. All is not lost yet.
More than the ACC?

Reaction Score
More than the ACC?

That's what some Houston poster said. He does not have a link but I think the new TV as potential because we will get multiple bidders. No matter how much ACC want to renegotiate, at most they might get a deal that pay them $1M to $2M more because ESPN is the only bidder. By negotiating, I am sure ESPN gonna ask for more media rights and longer years for any increase.

If we can get our house in order, I think there is a good chance we will get a pretty good TV deal with all the new TV markets. BE, with teams across the country, can offer someone like NBC/COMCAST games all day long on SAT moving from East to West coast over the course of the day.

Reaction Score
That's what some Houston poster said. He does not have a link but I think the new TV as potential because we will get multiple bidders. No matter how much ACC want to renegotiate, at most they might get a deal that pay them $1M to $2M more because ESPN is the only bidder. By negotiating, I am sure ESPN gonna ask for more media rights and longer years for any increase.

If we can get our house in order, I think there is a good chance we will get a pretty good TV deal with all the new TV markets. BE, with teams across the country, can offer someone like NBC/COMCAST games all day long on SAT moving from East to West coast over the course of the day.
So ESPN actually helped us out. :D

Reaction Score
Temple may look OK in terms of their schedule and teams they play in the Atlantic 10, but they are a team that is always an underdog and can end up being in the Elite 8 and Sweet 16 without you knowing it (similar to Xavier)

Central Florida has the potential to grow into a good team just need a good conference and recruiting base and they can be a lot better than what USF has provided so far.

Houston, here's a team that used to be really solid and is now at best a NIT team but will most likely get back to its past success of sending some good players to the NBA and can develop into a nice team, it's going to be pretty sweet to get some games in Houston, this might be a ticket to the west coast in terms of recruiting and possibly playing some OOC teams in the West to show UConn is a national force rather than strictly on the East (I want them in the BE badly)

What we should do:
I've said this before and I'll say it again, throw out Providence and DePaul and replace with credible or one conference filler and one big name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom