The Positives of the UConn Men's Basketball Program | The Boneyard

The Positives of the UConn Men's Basketball Program

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Newer head coach, Danny Hurley brings energy and fire back to the side line. He brings a weird factor but oh well. His basketball was bred into him by a HOF dad and his brother is also a junkie. The team he inherited stayed with him.

Assistant coaches that seem to be very welcomed by the fans: Tom Moore, Kenya Hunter, Kimani Young Taliek!!

Brandon Adams with the non-stop motor. He does have a way of sprinting ahead of the ball he is dribbling and needs to downshift awkwardly for the ball to catch up but I love this guy.

Akok Akok has the other high-rev motor. Always wants to succeed.

Jalen Gaffney is coming around. People want him to start right now.

James Bouknight is the star player we expect to bring us lead us to wins and to the Tourney. Could be the next Alpha Dog we lack. Need him to put up 15+ shots a game. We can see his a scorer.

Sidney Wilson came to UConn to play for Coach Ollie and stayed. Enigma so far but I see a gemstone starting to shine. Love his excitedness(sp?).

RJ Cole is a kid the Yard is excited about. From Howard. I don't much about him.

I. Whalley is, to me, still an enigma. He is undersized for defending bigger posts but he has shown some spark lately with Polley out.

Props to AG, Vital and Carlton. They work hard. Give some good minutes but to this day have us pounding our heads on coffee tables and bars.

Also:

Javonte Brown Ferguson and Andre Jackson comin' !!!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
We're bad. But as terrible as we are, we still have more reason to believe in the dream than most.

So that's something.

Reaction Score
Hurley being realistic with his long-term approach to revamping the culture
Trust in strength and conditioning coach
Team slowly becoming athletic again...especially for next season
Not losing by 25+ points to high-quality opponents, showing resilience and grit
Bouk & Akok, I imagine they'll be considered for all-conference next season
GOING HOME TO THE BIG EAST

Reaction Score
The fans give a damn and are more than ready to get behind any kind of success.

Reaction Score
DH is in a tough spot. His older players aren’t all that reliable and his younger players aren’t ready yet, and we’re at the bottom of our conference.

Reaction Score
We are less than one year away from being decent...by most accounts. Perhaps it is a stepping stone to good?

Reaction Score
The fans give a damn and are more than ready to get behind any kind of success.
I'm pleasantly shocked that the crowds are as good as they are. XL was rocking at times yesterday.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Best. Fansite. Pizza. Thread.

I had no intentions of doing so, but that gave me an uncontrollable pizza craving and now one is in the throes of being ordered.

Reaction Score
Springs will be good and if we strike out on centers, I expect he will get in there with Akok and Whaley and hold it down if he has to. I like the idea of more mobility in the paint after several years of earthbound and slow play down low.

After watching this season play out, what a great move it was to redshirt him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Newer head coach, Danny Hurley brings energy and fire back to the side line. He brings a weird factor but oh well. His basketball was bred into him by a HOF dad and his brother is also a junkie. The team he inherited stayed with him.

Assistant coaches that seem to be very welcomed by the fans: Tom Moore, Kenya Hunter, Kimani Young Taliek!!

Brandon Adams with the non-stop motor. He does have a way of sprinting ahead of the ball he is dribbling and needs to downshift awkwardly for the ball to catch up but I love this guy.

Akok Akok has the other high-rev motor. Always wants to succeed.

Jalen Gaffney is coming around. People want him to start right now.

James Bouknight is the star player we expect to bring us lead us to wins and to the Tourney. Could be the next Alpha Dog we lack. Need him to put up 15+ shots a game. We can see his a scorer.

Sidney Wilson came to UConn to play for Coach Ollie and stayed. Enigma so far but I see a gemstone starting to shine. Love his excitedness(sp?).

RJ Cole is a kid the Yard is excited about. From Howard. I don't much about him.

I. Whalley is, to me, still an enigma. He is undersized for defending bigger posts but he has shown some spark lately with Polley out.

Props to AG, Vital and Carlton. They work hard. Give some good minutes but to this day have us pounding our heads on coffee tables and bars.

Also:

Javonte Brown Ferguson and Andre Jackson comin' !!!
Add Richie Springs and you nailed it!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think this team has enough talent to be successful the rest of this season against an AAC schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom