The Pain of Coaching | The Boneyard

The Pain of Coaching

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just turned on Channel 639 after eating too much of my Thursday Night Is Pizza at the precise moment when Jenn said : "You know as coach you don't have any control over the destiny of your team." Geno did not contradict her. In fact, in another program he said in his early years he thought he could control everything nd later let that notion go. Would it be fair to say he's a Type A? So, how do you coach em up, without being a Bobby Knight and start throwing chairs and grabbing players by the throat?

Let me say I'm glad he found a way.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I also noticed that exchange, and thought it sort of odd, but then realized they are talking about those times when it just goes all wrong on the court and you really don't have control. Jen was talking about her control as a player in those situations, and the lack of control she feels as a coach. And it came off a comment he had made to her in an earlier conversation where he had point out that the 1994-1995 season was likely the one time in her life, with the team meshing around her and the confidence she had in her relationship with the coaching staff, where she was most in control of her own destiny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom