The Outsider - HBO | The Boneyard

The Outsider - HBO

Reaction Score
Anyone watching this? First two episodes released on Sunday 1/12. Finished the book about a month ago and so far the show is faithful to Mr. King's story.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Loved the opening episode. Very tense, and well done.

Reaction Score
3 episodes in and it's very good. A slow burn for sure, but enough to be tense and gripping. I didn't read the book and I'm curious how this goes 6 more episodes. Any hints on that without being a spoiler?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is very well done. The tension remains high, and has ramped up a bit in episode 3. Cannot see where it's headed from here, so it's suspenseful.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Are people watching this? It's really very good.

Reaction Score
My wife usually doesn't like a paranormal element, but she loves this. The tension, acting, music is so gripping that it keeps you riveted. The production is excellent and I love Mendelsohn.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on the ending? I feel like it was flat for me and that's typical for Stephen King. He builds up suspense so well that the endings never live up.

And, I interpreted it correctly that El Cuco was now in Holly, right? I thought that was clear and a co-worker of mine didn't see it that way.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on the ending? I feel like it was flat for me and that's typical for Stephen King. He builds up suspense so well that the endings never live up.

And, I interpreted it correctly that El Cuco was now in Holly, right? I thought that was clear and a co-worker of mine didn't see it that way.
The show started off great, but then lost me mid/late season. I stuck through however to see how it wrapped up.

It's certainly a possibility that El Cuco is now in Holly, but I think of it differently. Holly is really the "The Outsider" but on the good spectrum, so she's able to snuff out the evil outsiders. I think if they wanted to continue the show/story (without having read the books so not sure if there's more to tell), that's how it would go -- her investigating the inexplicable.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The show started off great, but then lost me mid/late season. I stuck through however to see how it wrapped up.

That was pretty much my take as well. First couple of episodes were great, then a slow but steady decline from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom