The Orange will be brutal | The Boneyard

The Orange will be brutal

Reaction Score
On the way back from the West Coast I was able to watch the UCONN game and Syracuse - FSU game. FSU is simply not a very good football team, but the Cuse beat them like a drum on both sides of the ball. The Orange have a stout and physical defense and a very solid offensive line. Honestly, if Babers is inclined (and he might be), they could hang 70+ on our defense. They have two very good QBs that run that offense at breakneck speed.

We're simply not ready for that type of team or environment, especially with the defense. I fear a very ugly game and hope we don't get demoralized.

I'm usually a very optimistic fan, but this defense is beyond bad and I don't see them having a chance at stopping an offense like the Orange have. Hope I am dead wrong.

Reaction Score
URI had about 30 more tackles than UConn on defense but zero sacks. Says everything that might need to be said.

Reaction Score
On the way back from the West Coast I was able to watch the UCONN game and Syracuse - FSU game. FSU is simply not a very good football team, but the Cuse beat them like a drum on both sides of the ball. The Orange have a stout and physical defense and a very solid offensive line. Honestly, if Babers is inclined (and he might be), they could hang 70+ on our defense. They have two very good QBs that run that offense at breakneck speed.

We're simply not ready for that type of team or environment, especially with the defense. I fear a very ugly game and hope we don't get demoralized.

I'm usually a very optimistic fan, but this defense is beyond bad and I don't see them having a chance at stopping an offense like the Orange have. Hope I am dead wrong.
It will definitely be a tough game. Syracuse is really good. I watched the game as well.
It could go left pretty quickly.
Your last statement is key. They can’t get demoralized. Hopefully they see in Syracuse what they aspire to be.
Again, getting your tail whooped isn’t the worst thing in the world if you take the lessons learned and carry them into future preparation.
All of these beatings- and the narrow victory yesterday should hopefully create a desire for what these players want to become.
My assumption is these players that we’ve faced have been working their tails off for years to get to this point.
Hard work and perseverance leads to improvement.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Florida State would struggle to beat URI as well and would also get slaughtered by UCF.

Syracuse will whip us pretty good, but people give them way too much credit for crushing an AWFUL FSU team. If the Noles played in the AAC they would be Tulsa level.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rivalry game, trap game, no respect from the opponent, that taste of winning....that's all I got. I'd love to see a good showing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
They’ll kill us, but it’s a gimmick offense. Boise has a much better offense than Syracuse. They’re maybe a 6 win team if they’re lucky

Reaction Score
They’ll kill us, but it’s a gimmick offense. Boise has a much better offense than Syracuse. They’re maybe a 6 win team if they’re lucky

Maybe this is a Houston like game. At least that’s my hope.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If anyone needs any proof that sports are cyclical, it wasn't that long ago that Syracuse was our sure-thing cupcake win on the schedule. Now we're theirs. But yeah, our defense is going to struggle very mightily on Saturday. Syracuse will be able to name their score. Just hope the guys - players and coaches - don't quit.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is big time trap game for them. They are not great on D. They gave up 44 to WMU. Dungey is a bit of a headcase. If we can get physical with him at all ( not even in a legal way) we have a shot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is big time trap game for them. They are not great on D. They gave up 44 to WMU. Dungey is a bit of a headcase. If we can get physical with him at all ( not even in a legal way) we have a shot.

He’s also hurt enough there is no line yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is their starting QB out?
upload_2018-9-16_19-48-14.gif

Reaction Score
Is their starting QB out?

Left the FSU game w/ blurry vision. Babers story is he got poked in eye. He also has a lingering right shoulder injury. Wouldn’t surprise me to see RS Fr. Devito play/start.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As rough as the first portion of the season has been for our defense, I'm telling you that we have a decent shot at Syracuse. Do NOT be surprised if the defense comes out with new found life, and do NOT be surprised if the offense continues to deliver. And do NOT lose hope, Husky Nation...

...do NOT!!!

Reaction Score
Its no going to be fun. UConn should be able to score some point; but the Orange will score a lot more. BC would also crush UConn right now. Its what happens then the NCAA and our neighbors paint a target on UConn's back followed by some bad hires.

I really want to go as I always wanted to see UConn at the Dome; but, schedules won't allow.

PS - Is there any question is the decline in college football attendance can be partially blamed on conference restructuring? College football was built on rivals and fans visiting friends at other schools to social, party, and catch a game. Is Wake Forest going to draw fans from BC, are Wisconsin fans going to College Park to see Maryland, etc.?

Reaction Score
Dino Babers. There is a guy doing some nice things. His offense is a joy to watch. Their upset of Clemson last year was an eye opener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Its no going to be fun. UConn should be able to score some point; but the Orange will score a lot more. BC would also crush UConn right now. Its what happens then the NCAA and our neighbors paint a target on UConn's back followed by some bad hires.

I really want to go as I always wanted to see UConn at the Dome; but, schedules won't allow.

PS - Is there any question is the decline in college football attendance can be partially blamed on conference restructuring? College football was built on rivals and fans visiting friends at other schools to social, party, and catch a game. Is Wake Forest going to draw fans from BC, are Wisconsin fans going to College Park to see Maryland, etc.?
Conversely, it looked Rhode Island sent quite a few and UMass will likely follow suit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kinda have to see what happens with Dungey - if he's healthy, they'll put eight touchdowns up without breaking a sweat.

If he's not healthy, they'll struggle to score six or seven touchdowns.

Reaction Score
Massey has game 44-24 with Fruit 92% chance of winning. Their next game at Clemson has it 38-17 Clemson with Clemson 93% chance of winning.
I'll take that expectation, Fruit is as likely to beat Clemson their place as we are to beat Fruit at their place. I'd take less than 45 points by Fruit and see what our offense can do. Against UCF had opportunities for more than 17 and think are getting better offensively. Any defensive scheme change that puts more speed on DL has got to help. Get a few turnovers and could be in the game late 3rd qtr. and then who knows.
Interestingly Massey has UConn also with 8% chance of beating Memphis and only 6% of beating USF.
Massey really isn't buying Cincinnati's 3-0 record with opponent combined 1-8 giving UConn at home a 41% chance of winning.
Beat NOSE PICKER U!

Reaction Score
As rough as the first portion of the season has been for our defense, I'm telling you that we have a decent shot at Syracuse. Do NOT be surprised if the defense comes out with new found life, and do NOT be surprised if the offense continues to deliver. And do NOT lose hope, Husky Nation...

...do NOT!!!
Please pass what your having to all of us. This way too much for one guy never mind the serious die-hards!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Please pass what your having to all of us. This way too much for one guy never mind the serious die-hards!

I'll pass along what I'm having. I've got a fever, and the only cure... is more UConn.

They said you can't hit a full length of the court shot with one second left. They said a 1-AA team couldn't grow in one decade to beat Notre Dame, South Carolina, and West Virginia. They said they couldn't get a program like Michigan to visit The Rent.

Do you honestly think I'm bothered by people saying we can't beat Syracuse??? I've seen too much UConn to be scared...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom