The only score that matters | The Boneyard

The only score that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a basketball game, man.
I don't think I'm the only one that is angry we lost to our rival the first time we've played them in 3 years. Yeah Tyler Olander has won 2, but im paying attention to the present

Reaction Score
I still like this team. They will be special in March.
Seriously, guys; I've still frickin November. With the moving parts coming in, nobody here could have expected defensive perfection in WEEK TWO.

A lot of you all need to check yourselves and apply a little perspective.

Reaction Score
Seriously, guys; I've still frickin November. With the moving parts coming in, nobody here could have expected defensive perfection in WEEK TWO.

You're right, i am guilty of overreacting alot on losses, no different today. Now that I've let it sink in it is just one game i was just disappointed in our defense and how we didn't really show up to our first Nationally broadcasted game. Things will get better as the year goes on obviously, and a win against Gonzaga would be great. Not losing hope yet!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Must...win...all...games. By 30.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
No, this is life and death.

Nobody's saying it's life and death. But we spend the last couple weeks hyping this crew and they completely ____ the bed the first time they're challenged. It's legitimate for people to be disappointed, no? Do you not recognize that these early games take on a particular significance given the lack of marquee games in conference? And it's not even like Syracuse is the best, or even the second or third best, OOC team they're going to play.

The bottom line is this is a team they should beat if they're as good as everyone on here seems to think they are.

Getting drinker. And full.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nobody's saying it's life and death. But we spend the last couple weeks hyping this crew and they completely ____ the bed the first time they're challenged. It's legitimate for people to be disappointed, no? Do you not recognize that these early games take on a particular significance given the lack of marquee games in conference? And it's not even like Syracuse is the best, or even the second or third best, OOC team they're going to play.

The bottom line is this is a team they should beat if they're as good as everyone on here seems to think they are.

You don't think I was cursing at the TV in front of my whole family in the heat of the moment? We don't have time to keep whining. We're playing possibly the best OOC team on our schedule tomorrow afternoon.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You don't think I was cursing at the TV in front of my whole family in the heat of the moment? We don't have time to keep whining. We're playing possibly the best OOC team on our schedule tomorrow afternoon.

Better than Maryland?

Reaction Score

There will be a WTF (3-point) loss here and there with two brand new starters. We have been hyping potential, and the level headed of us have noted possible difficulties. Those same people will understand that it's still NOVEMBER.

You weren't watching the chat if you think nobody is/was taking this as life and death. We are all disappointed losing to Cuse; but I saw an NIT mention in the chat.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Better than Maryland?

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something about them doesn't sit quite right with me. Still an extremely talented team that should be a formidable opponent, but I don't know if they're really a top three team in the country.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'm the only one that is angry we lost to our rival the first time we've played them in 3 years. Yeah Tyler Olander has won 2, but im paying attention to the present

Couldn't agree with you more. Who knows when UConn plays them again. Besides recruiting advantages go to P5 school so who knows what the situations of these schools will be like next time they meet. Case in point, the last time UConn football played BC and were in a conference that had a guaranteed New Years Bowl bid. BC still is.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie has his work cut out for him He has to get this team to play under control and smart. Dham was the only starter out there who didn't seem to lose it completely at some point.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something about them doesn't sit quite right with me. Still an extremely talented team that should be a formidable opponent, but I don't know if they're really a top three team in the country.
They have too many guys who are way too inconsistent and this varies from play to play.
Purvis charges out of control into the lane all game and then makes 3 unrushed three.
You never know whether Birmah is going to catch the lob, whether Facey will make the layup, whether Purvis will brick the free throw, whether Calhoun will contribute,
whether Miller will rebound etc.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
They have too many guys who are way too inconsistent and this varies from play to play.
Purvis charges out of control into the lane all game and then makes 3 unrushed three.
You never know whether Birmah is going to catch the lob, whether Facey will make the layup, whether Purvis will brick the free throw, whether Calhoun will contribute,
whether Miller will rebound etc.

I was referring to Maryland. But I agree with your premise.

Reaction Score
“In down times, what you do is you bond together as brothers,” he said. “And you hold that fist up. And that FIST for us is ‘Fight.’ It’s our ‘Identity’; that’s the ‘I.’ And the ‘S’ is ‘Stay,’ and then the ‘T’ is ‘Together.’ ”
KO to Sally Jenkins, March, 2014 after defeating Michigan State in the Elite 8. Gonzaga is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom