the Ohio State & Clemson | The Boneyard

the Ohio State & Clemson

Reaction Score
For all you Notre Dame haters, I guess they shouldn't have made the playoffs since they both got blown out.

On a side note:
August 28th @Fresno. Could we have the next college game? (not counting spring games)

Reaction Score
For all you Notre Dame haters, I guess they shouldn't have made the playoffs since they both got blown out.

On a side note:
August 28th @Fresno. Could we have the next college game? (not counting spring games)
ND/Alabama was the closest playoff game this year.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If you had split up Alabama into two teams and had a draft with Saban and Sark as the two coaches drafting the Alabama roster in to two separate teams back in August...then both of the split Alabama teams would have been in the Championship against each other this year this year.

That is not hyperbole. That is how stacked and ridiculous the Alabama roster was this year (and has become).

If you were starting an NFL franchise from scratch for the 2021-2022 season, and you could either start with the current NY Jets roster going forward or the current Alabama roster going forward...it would be Alabama with no doubt or argument from anyone.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame was not justified making the playoff after failing horribly in their conference title game.

Alabama killed OSU. OSU killed Clemson. Clemson killed Notre Dame. Notre Dame was a pretender not a contender. They wet the bed.

Reaction Score
Got to fix this mess before college football is ruined. That was so uninteresting I would have changed the channel except nothing else was worth watching. They need some parity and have to break up the Cartel control. Nobody wants to watch this garbage anymore.

Reaction Score
If you had split up Alabama into two teams and had a draft with Saban and Sark as the two coaches drafting the Alabama roster in to two separate teams back in August...then both of the split Alabama teams would have been in the Championship against each other this year this year.

That is not hyperbole. That is how stacked and ridiculous the Alabama roster was this year (and has become).

If you were starting an NFL franchise from scratch for the 2021-2022 season, and you could either start with the current NY Jets roster going forward or the current Alabama roster going forward...it would be Alabama with no doubt or argument from anyone.
Not to mention Saban is probably the best college football coach of the BCS/Playoff era. He not only recruits well, but he develops his plays extremely well. As much as I hate Bama fans, I respect what Saban has done there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Except that, as I type this, the Jets have 53 NFL caliber players on their roster. Alabama has about 15.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watched the basketball game from 6-8 then turned the the championship game on. Then I quickly put on The Queen’s Gambit after about 5 minutes of the “championship” game. The playoffs are boring. The matchups rarely make for must see TV. The BCS was better.

Reaction Score
I'm curious: Which non-"Cartel" teams can actually vie for the title?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

That is an inaccurate statement. Yes Alabama has amazing talent...more than any other college team. But they aren’t all NFL level.

Reaction Score
Not to mention Saban is probably the best college football coach of the BCS/Playoff era. He not only recruits well, but he develops his plays extremely well. As much as I hate Bama fans, I respect what Saban has done there.

It's not really close. Urban is up there, and Dabo a 1/2 step behind. But it's Saban, then everyone else.

Reaction Score
It's not really close. Urban is up there, and Dabo a 1/2 step behind. But it's Saban, then everyone else.
I'd put Dabo ahead of Urban. He made Clemson into a national champ contender every year. Something other schools have failed miserably at over the last couple decades cough Miami cough FSU

Reaction Score

After 30 years in BHM I have become a Bama FB fan. But, are you sure you are not a 'Bammer'? That is what jealous Auburn fans call delusional Alabama fans.

Bama has had a steady pipeline of NFL talent since Saban's second year, but please don't compare the roster to an NFL team. The reason they look so dominant is that in their top 30 players, 15+ players will go in the first three rounds of the draft. The teams they have been playing probably have 5 at most in their top 30 that will go that high in the draft.

Now if you want to make an argument that you could have assembled a reasonable NFL roster by taking the top 10 Bama players each year for 5 years you may have a point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is an inaccurate statement. Yes Alabama has amazing talent...more than any other college team. But they aren’t all NFL level.
They don't need to be. Alabama has more guys that have star potential. You could take their roster - keep the 25+ guys with round 1-3 potential (they had 9, including 4 #1's, in the 2020 draft) and cut the rest to fill in with free agents and other marginal NFL players (where most of the Jets bottom 40 or so reside anyway). The biggest problem you'd face is that the younger Alabama guys would need a few years to develop but they'd be doing it on NFL time, not being brought up through a stacked 85 man roster in Tuscaloosa. Some of those guys would mysteriously find themselves on IR when they got their first training camp hangnail. You'd take a pounding in the first year or two but you'd be getting the equivalent of 3 or 4 potential stars each year as the younger guys matured plus some very high draft picks in years 2 and 3 (good for finding a QB if Jones isn't the guy). By year 4 you'd be in great shape.

Reaction Score
I'd put Dabo ahead of Urban. He made Clemson into a national champ contender every year. Something other schools have failed miserably at over the last couple decades cough Miami cough FSU

The only reason I have Urban higher is that he's done it in multiple places.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They don't need to be. Alabama has more guys that have star potential. You could take their roster - keep the 25+ guys with round 1-3 potential (they had 9, including 4 #1's, in the 2020 draft) and cut the rest to fill in with free agents and other marginal NFL players (where most of the Jets bottom 40 or so reside anyway). The biggest problem you'd face is that the younger Alabama guys would need a few years to develop but they'd be doing it on NFL time, not being brought up through a stacked 85 man roster in Tuscaloosa. Some of those guys would mysteriously find themselves on IR when they got their first training camp hangnail. You'd take a pounding in the first year or two but you'd be getting the equivalent of 3 or 4 potential stars each year as the younger guys matured plus some very high draft picks in years 2 and 3 (good for finding a QB if Jones isn't the guy). By year 4 you'd be in great shape.
How do you suppose it gets that far when Saban quits on the team halfway through season #2, because he can't handle the losing, can't recruiting over last year's 5* players with this years crop of 5* players, and doesn't know how to put a 53 player team together with a salary cap and draft slot?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

You are changing what he said...he said he would rather have Alabama's roster versus the Jets roster. Not your four year plan.

Reaction Score
The only reason I have Urban higher is that he's done it in multiple places.
I see where you're coming from. I put Dabo higher only because Urban would have "health" issues when recruiting was down or NCAA turned their eyes towards his program.

Reaction Score
How do you suppose it gets that far when Saban quits on the team halfway through season #2, because he can't handle the losing, can't recruiting over last year's 5* players with this years crop of 5* players, and doesn't know how to put a 53 player team together with a salary cap and draft slot?

As great as he is as a college coach, Saban clearly showed he was not cutout for the NFL. His style works with 18-22 year olds trying to get better not 25-35 year olds trying to keep their careers going.

Reaction Score
You are changing what he said...he said he would rather have Alabama's roster versus the Jets roster. Not your four year plan.
Taking either roster is a multi-year plan because neither would be ready to be competitive. Since that's the case, I'd rather start with Alabama's roster. Alabama literally has a few dozen potential day one and day two draft picks. If you put the Jets roster into this year's draft pool only the top ten or so would be drafted in the early rounds. I know that's not entirely a fair comparison because the Jets players have had time to be exposed in NFL play as not worthy of high picks (including some that were high picks). In both cases, however, you'd pick and choose the best players and cut the rest while you search for better talent as free agents, on the waiver wire and via the draft.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom