Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN vs. Army
Saturday, November 8, 2014
3:30PM EST
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/tickets/ticket-center.html
(877) AT-UCONN (288-2666)

UCONN Country needs to fill Yankee Stadium this November. It's the opportunity that we have all been waiting for to show our reach into New York City. By now, the entire collegiate world knows that MSG is "UCONN South". Come November, let's make Yankee Stadium "Rentschler South".

Please feel free to use this thread to post the # of tickets your purchased, plan to purchase, seat location, tailgate plans, commute plans (car vs. bus vs. train), or whatever else you want/need as we lead up to the game. If you have never been there before, Yankee Stadium DOES allow for tailgating around the stadium. However, please be aware that booze should be poured into a cup (I learned this lesson the hard way a few years ago as I got a citation for having an open bottled beer).

At this year's Spring Game, I spoke with the guy manning the table selling tickets to this game. If you are planning on buying tickets through the secondary market, he said that UCONN's allotment will be on the FIRST BASE / RIGHT FIELD side of the stadium (see the map below). That said, buy wherever you want obviously. Army fans are, as you would expect, incredibly courteous and polite.

If you are a UCONN fan but can't spring for football season tickets for whatever reason this year, I implore you to consider buying a ticket(s) to this game. If you are a season ticket holder, Yankee Stadium is an incredibly easy away game to get to. New York City is the top battleground TV market between the B1G and ACC...the two "Power 5" conferences that just happen to be the best fits for UCONN. A strong UCONN crowd certainly would not hurt our chances of escaping AAC purgatory...and that's something that ALL UCONN fans (FB, MBB, WBB, etc) can embrace.

Below are some recent announced attendance figures from games played in the northeast in the last few years. I included the two Penn State games to serve as a benchmark for all northeast programs. Obviously, Yankee Stadium does not have the same capacity as Lincoln Financial Field or MetLife Stadium. The only game to sell out Yankee Stadium was the Notre Dame vs. Army game in 2010. The rest of the announced attendance figures, regular season AND bowl games, are very much attainable. Outdrawing more than half of this list would make an incredibly strong statement that UCONN Football AND Basketball have significant reach into New York City.

Regular Season:
61,202 - Penn State vs Syracuse (MetLife - 2013)...thanks to a majority PSU crowd
57,323 - Penn State @ Temple (2011)
54,251 - Notre Dame @ Army (Yankee Stadium - 2010)
41,292 - Rutgers vs Army (MetLife Stadium "New Meadowlands Stadium" - 2010)
39,507 - Syracuse vs USC (MetLife Stadium - 2012)
30,028 - Rutgers @ Army (Yankee Stadium - 2012)

Bowl games:
47,122 - Notre Dame vs Rutgers (Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium - 2013)
39,098 - Syracuse vs WVU (Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium - 2012)
38,328 - Rutgers vs Iowa State (Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium - 2011)
38,274 - Syracuse vs Kansas State (Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium - 2010)

I hope to see you there! GO UCONN!

Attachments

• army_uconn_seating.pdf
    848.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reaction Score
5 in the green (main level)... Will likely train it. I'll never forget the Husky Express from Chicago to South Bend (not the same level but...)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
eleventy thousand.

no wait that's miami math.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
9 total tix, also in green... Really looking forward to this. No set transportation at this time- leading option is train as well.

Reaction Score
4 tix, train from B-town. Not sure where but bought them through uconn.

Also looking forward to a fat steak at Peter Luger's that weekend.

Reaction Score
Looking at the seating map, it doesn't look that appetizing. Look how far away from the game the seats are!

Reaction Score
I need 4 tickets and I'll be in the city tomorrow. Does anyone know whether tickets are on sale at the stadium windows? I tried calling the Yankees and despite the Derek Jeter recording assuring me that my call was important to them, they disconnected me after nearly 15 minutes of waiting.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I need 4 tickets and I'll be in the city tomorrow. Does anyone know whether tickets are on sale at the stadium windows? I tried calling the Yankees and despite the Derek Jeter recording assuring me that my call was important to them, they disconnected me after nearly 15 minutes of waiting.

I can't find anything definitive saying you can buy tickets at the windows but I'm guessing you can. If not, try here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1...nkees-Ballpark-Events_At_Yankee_Stadium-na-b2

Reaction Score
Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Just convinced my dad to go but still working out details. Will probably be 2 in the main level.

Reaction Score
I got 4 tickets myself. I'm sure metro north will run a train into Yankee Stadium like they do for Yankee games, but call it the Uconn train.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
5 in the green (main level)... Will likely train it. I'll never forget the Husky Express from Chicago to South Bend (not the same level but...)
We should really corrdinate a BY train down from New Haven that morning... Who's down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom