The Official Bearcat Neutering Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

The Official Bearcat Neutering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was watching the Alabama - Western Carolina game this afternoon. And Alabama started out sluggish. At halftime, the reporter asked Nick Saban why they started out slow. He replied (paraphrasing) "They weren't prepared to play, and it is my fault, I am responsible". That came from Nick Saban. Would love it if Bob Diaco would say that once. Just once.

I guess I get the sentiment but in reality, what would that prove or improve?

Reaction Score
@NHRJimFuller: Last time #UConn was shut out at home came on Sept. 23, 1978 against Navy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wake Forest won a conference game today, so now I can't even use that argument regarding CR.

Reaction Score
Accountability.

Okay - but what would that prove or improve. What are the ramifications of saying that? Does it really make a difference to 18-23 years olds? Is there a lesson to be learned from it Jim?

Reaction Score
Here's something .. We can still finish with a better record than last year.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I will give it to Corey Chavous he is an extremely positive guy when it comes to special teams guys

Reaction Score
Let's hope Diaco doesn't hold onto a coach that isn't working based on what we saw under PP. Loyalty doesn't always pay off.

Let's take this up one step on the ladder and put it at the level of UConn and Diaco.

Reaction Score
I guess I get the sentiment but in reality, what would that prove or improve?

Honestly, if a guys in charge and walking around like he's always right and never in doubt, but everything is falling apart and he's not getting results - he's either got to take ownership of the failure or be prepared for lots more because nothing's going to change. We're past the point of blaming the last bosses. While I think it's possible for this staff to turn things around next year it's not encouraging to hear constant excuses and see a chaotic approach to players and game prep. They need to change.

Reaction Score
It's the little things that make him look clueless. Down 41-0 with 7 minutes left and Cinny trying to run out the clock. He has his defense in a three man defensive line. No stacking the box, no 8-man front. It just seems like he's out of touch with what is happening on the field.

As I said, it's a little thing but it makes him look clueless.

Reaction Score
Well, my eggs, hash browns, and fresh squeezed OJ were pretty good. Otherwise, not the best of morning's watching the game on PC.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if a guys in charge and walking around like he's always right and never in doubt, but everything is falling apart and he's not getting results - he's either got to take ownership of the failure or be prepared for lots more because nothing's going to change. We're past the point of blaming the last bosses. While I think it's possible for this staff to turn things around next year it's not encouraging to hear constant excuses and see a chaotic approach to players and game prep. They need to change.

Understood - I guess my only point is that it only really matters what he says to his team and his boss(es) - not the media or the fans.

Reaction Score
Okay - but what would that prove or improve. What are the ramifications of saying that? Does it really make a difference to 18-23 years olds? Is there a lesson to be learned from it Jim?

At this point, BD would be better off saying "We as a team have work to do, and this extends to everyone in the program. We all need to keep improving." His last couple of pressers really appeared to put the target on the players and turn a blind eye to other deficiencies. Also, I've been in situations where the coach took the heat for loss and absorbed the brunt of the criticism, and it made us play harder the next time out.

Reaction Score
He's got a lot of work to do, but even if you want to replace him that would likely put you even deeper in the hole as this program looks to be 2 or 3 recruiting classes away from being competitive. Like i said earlier in the week having seen Cincy play in person several times this year i didn't believe Uconn could keep up with them given their ability to score points....................but Cincy didn't exactly come with their best offensive game. You have to start somewhere, but you have to wonder whom you could get that would be an upgrade.

Reaction Score
One thing that kinda bothers me is that HCBD said when he took over he was surprised how out of shape this team was....

Define put of shape somebody. Please, because it appears to me we're currently playing like we're not in football shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom