The offense look dead with Mac at the controls | The Boneyard

The offense look dead with Mac at the controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even when he throws a decent pass, we drop it. But that doesn't excuse the fact, he still throws way too many awful passes. He still can't read the blitz. He still never takes advantage of field position. And how many false starts are on him?

L'ville's true freshman looked better than Mac. I wonder where we can find a true freshman?

But I guess it's too much to ask that we chance QBs to get a spark. Pasqualoni prefers wet flint.

Reaction Score
Combining JMac with DeLeone is just painful. Neither can adjust to anything.

Reaction Score
Even when he throws a decent pass, we drop it. But that doesn't excuse the fact, he still throws way too many awful passes. He still can't read the blitz. He still never takes advantage of field position. And how many false starts are on him?

But I guess it's too much to ask that we chance QBs to get a spark. Pasqualoni prefers wet flint.

So it's his fault they dropped all those passes, gave up the KO TD, snapped the ball around his ankles and gave up the big plays and often stuck him in third and long. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reaction Score
Combining JMac with DeLeone is just painful. Neither can adjust to anything.

DeLeone had receivers open all day, how anyone can blame this one on the coaches, I'll never understand, other than the fact that it's easy and intellectually lazy. We lost today because our receivers couldn't catch, period.

Reaction Score
No, this game is on the players.

But I'm with Palatine in that I am beyond belief why Nebrich is not playing.

This is not fun to watch, and if this is the best we have its gonna be a long few years ahead.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I thought Mac was pretty good today. Not great by any means, but good enough to win the game. Probably gave up 150 yards and 10 minutes time of possession due to the drops that were right in the hands of receivers.

ETA: Why does everyone think Nebrich is so good? I didn't see squat out of him early this year. Is it just to prepare for the future? If so, I get it, but I don't think he gives us a great chance at winning now.

Reaction Score
I thought Mac was pretty good today. Not great by any means, but good enough to win the game. Probably gave up 150 yards and 10 minutes time of possession due to the drops that were right in the hands of receivers.
Clicking "Like" doesn't feel quite right, so I will simply say: "I agree completely with your post."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

ETA: Why does everyone think Nebrich is so good? I didn't see squat out of him early this year. Is it just to prepare for the future? If so, I get it, but I don't think he gives us a great chance at winning now.
Neither JMac nor the receivers were adequate today.

Reaction Score
You are comfortable with the playcalling in the entire 1st quarter and all the 3rd and shorts? I am not. And I doubt given J's prowess on the audible he was adjusting.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The announcers are pretty much correct. UConn needs to be near perfect given their limited tool set. One thing should be certain: swapping one person won't change the overall lack of skill at the receiver and RB positions. It's amazing they were in this game. Take away the kickoff return and its somewhat winnable.

This is a year to enjoy the team because they are your team and its fun. Not because they are good. Good they are not.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
You are comfortable with the playcalling in the entire 1st quarter and all the 3rd and shorts? I am not. And I doubt given J's prowess on the audible he was adjusting.

DeLeone is a train wreck, and his playcalling (especially on 3rd and short) has been worthless this year. I otherwise put this loss in the hands of the players. False starts and dropped balls all day long.

Reaction Score
"UCHuskies08: DeLeone had receivers open all day, how anyone can blame this one on the coaches, I'll never understand, other than the fact that it's easy and intellectually lazy. We lost today because our receivers couldn't catch, period."

DeLeone has been epic fail all season. Did you forget about that? The fault for that many drops comes back around to the coaches and preparation. And DeLeone being the OC, it has to land on him. And don't give me the "empty cupboards" thing. That is just an excuse. This team is no less talented than the last few seasons. Seriously, go compare stats. I'm right. In fact in some categories, it has been better. But when it has mattered most, this offense and the play-calling has consistently sucked, i.e. third down, end of game.
Focusing on one game is short-sighted, narrow-minded and just juvenile. Now, please just go drool over Drummond some more.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
DeLeone has been epic fail all season. Did you forget about that? The fault for that many drops comes back around to the coaches and preparation. And DeLeone being the OC, it has to land on him. And don't give me the "empty cupboards" thing. That is just an excuse. This team is no less talented than the last few seasons. Seriously, go compare stats. I'm right. In fact in some categories, it has been better. But when it has mattered most, this offense and the play-calling has consistently sucked.
Focusing on one game is short-sighted, narrow-minded and just juvenile. Now, please just go drool over Drummond some more.

Who you talking to?

Reaction Score
"UCHuskies08: DeLeone had receivers open all day, how anyone can blame this one on the coaches, I'll never understand, other than the fact that it's easy and intellectually lazy. We lost today because our receivers couldn't catch, period."

DeLeone has been epic fail all season. Did you forget about that? The fault for that many drops comes back around to the coaches and preparation. And DeLeone being the OC, it has to land on him. And don't give me the "empty cupboards" thing. That is just an excuse. This team is no less talented than the last few seasons. Seriously, go compare stats. I'm right. In fact in some categories, it has been better. But when it has mattered most, this offense and the play-calling has consistently sucked, i.e. third down, end of game.

I'll just leave it at, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Reaction Score
Perfect thread to congratulate Rob Ambrose on a great season as Towsend beat RI today to win the conference and make the playoffs.

Looks like all our playmakers joined him. (grin)

Reaction Score

MN has 14 pass attempts this year. That would be equivalent to JMc through 2 passes into the Vandy game. Rest of Vandy game JMc was 8 for the next 25 with 3 interceptions. So if MN started next game and went 8-25 with 3 interceptions he would have exactly the same stats as JMc for their 16th through 40th pass attempt.
I'm not so sure MN is so good, I'm more confident that JMc is not and that with experience MN could be and with more experience JMc will remain as he currently shows (about 100th in Div1 PER). Of course Uconn can win some games with defense/Specials/run and some type of passing game. BE has been so poor the last two years, Uconn is 2-3 and still has chance to tie for league championship (5 teams ahead all have 2 losses all could get to 3 losses) or end up in sole possession of last!
How many minutes of possession and yardage did we gain by Louisville defenders dropping interceptions? Only heard it on the radio but they said 3 should have been intercepted, were they exaggerating?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

L'ville's true freshman looked better than Mac. I wonder where we can find a true freshman?

McEntee wasn't the problem today. He was completely abandoned by a WR corp that failed to show up.

Every QB is gonna make some poor throws and very few college QB's are great against a blitz that isn't picked up. When we picked up the blitz he did a good job of moving around, buying time and making throws.

Throughout the season we've been one of the least penalized teams and false starts haven't been an issue. I don't think his cadence or inflections changed over the past week.

How is it his fault that great field position is wasted when WR's are dropping balls where they are wide open?

the WR group put in a gutless performance today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Damn those coaches for not teaching them guts

I'm torn on this one because it's on the players to perform and today they clearly didn't.

But, I can't totally dismiss the coaches keeping them focused and holding their feet to the fire in terms of expectations.

A phrase I am familiar with is "command climate". A naval command with a shitttyyy command climate usually succckks at mission execution and commands with good command climates usually are better at it. And that falls on the command leadership- good or bad.

Reaction Score
DeLeone had receivers open all day, how anyone can blame this one on the coaches, I'll never understand, other than the fact that it's easy and intellectually lazy. We lost today because our receivers couldn't catch, period.

plus infinity. I am not a Deleone fan but players were in positions to succeed by making routine plays all day.

Reaction Score
McEntee threw quite a few bad passes today....including a couple times where he made the wrong choice on which receiver to throw it to (my personal opinion). That being said.......when he does throw it well......CATCH THE DAMN BALL.

Unbelievable how many drops there were today. Heck the D had at least two hit them right in their hands that they dropped too. It's like they all had numb hands or something.

The running into the kicker certainly turned out to be huge....I had actually just turned to the guy next to me and asked..."when was the last time we really went after a punt". I shoulda kept my mouth closed....but it was nice to see the attempt.

The big killer for me. The two long passes that Bridgewater threw down the sideline like he was just chucking the ball up in the air....and the receiver ran under and caught both...with one he juggled for 4-5 yards before he caught it. At least one of them was on 3rd down.....possibly both...I can't even remember at this point.

Reaction Score
Damn those coaches for not teaching them guts

I agree the receivers were horrible today. Doesn't it take focus and concentration to catch balls?

While we may not have the best WR group in the conference they are better than we saw today.

It is up to the coaching staff to keep them focused. There heads were not in the game, which is on them of course but a coach has to take some responsibility.

Reaction Score
How difficult is it to catch a pass? The WRs need to turn in their scholarships. If they are pissed at this . . . Play as walk ons and earn it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom