The number of stupid moves in this game alone should get him fired | The Boneyard

The number of stupid moves in this game alone should get him fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Heard we won the toss and took the ball. Dumb

2. Challenge a very clear catch on BCs first TDdrive as they're lining up to kick. Lose challenge. BC changes mind and converts on fourth leading to the TD

3. Not kicking field goal. And if his rationale is we needed a touchdown then why is the third string QB in?

4. Reverse on kickoff return pinning us back on the five after the pick 6.

Am I missing anything?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't think I could run an FBS program, but I know for a fact that I could make better in game decisions than Diaco. Everyone here could.

It's as if UConn found a motivational speaker to coach the team who had never seen a football game until he was hired.

Reaction Score
Think about what idiaco is getting paid to make those calls. Add in 3 man pass rushes by 3 defensive tackles, 8 yard cushions on 3rd and 5,and never rushing the punter- it looks like a Spring game punt every time when we receive the punt in a game.

Reaction Score
2. Challenge a very clear catch on BCs first TDdrive as they're lining up to kick. Lose challenge. BC changes mind and converts on fourth leading to the TD

The most amazing thing about this challenge that it came in front of the UConn section and there was no loud uproar demanding a replay.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1. Heard we won the toss and took the ball. Dumb

3. Not kicking field goal. And if his rationale is we needed a touchdown then why is the third string QB in?

4. Reverse on kickoff return pinning us back on the five after the pick 6.

Am I missing anything?
1. I don't believe we've deferred after winning the toss since Edsall was in charge. I don't get it.

2. I still don't think it was a catch. We got screwed on that challenge and again on the helmet to helmet that was overturned.

3. Most mind boggling move in a tenure loaded with mind boggling moves.

4. At that point it really didn't matter.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The TE was juggling the ball until he was at least two steps out of bounds. O'Brien (former BC coach working the game) even said more than once "that one's coming back" during the review. The only explanat is the review officials didn't have the angle from the sideline (don't see how that is possible) as that clearly showed it was not a catch.

Reaction Score
The TE was juggling the ball until he was at least two steps out of bounds. O'Brien (former BC coach working the game) even said more than once "that one's coming back" during the review. The only explanat is the review officials didn't have the angle from the sideline (don't see how that is possible) as that clearly showed it was not a catch.
Disagree. He had it firmly in his hands and in bounds. He stepped out and after stepping out there was a little ball movement due to uconn guy sticking his hand in. But once he stepped out play is over

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Disagree. He had it firmly in his hands and in bounds. He stepped out and after stepping out there was a little ball movement due to uconn guy sticking his hand in. But once he stepped out play is over
From what I saw, it went from his stomach, to his thigh, to his waist, back to his thigh before he controlled it, all while he was running from just insife the numbers to a few steps out of bounds.

Reaction Score
From what I saw, it went from his stomach, to his thigh, to his waist, back to his thigh before he controlled it, all while he was running from just insife the numbers to a few steps out of bounds.
Amazing how two somewhat reasonable people can see the same play so differently. Guess that's why they didn't overturn. Inconclusive

Reaction Score
Not wearing Red pants. Anything, add anything, just get rid of him

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Amazing how two somewhat reasonable people can see the same play so differently. Guess that's why they didn't overturn. Inconclusive
Fair enough. Every angle except the sideline showed nothing. The sideline angle did appear to show a lot of ball movement.

Wouldn't have changed the outcome however.

Reaction Score
One more thing. The way Bobby blew smoke over the burning of Donovan's red shirt has proven that Bob is not an RKG. He straight lied to the media the fans and the team. You don't think the players can smell hypocrisy?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
One more thing. The way Bobby blew smoke over the burning of Donovan's red shirt has proven that Bob is not an RKG. He straight lied to the media the fans and the team. You don't think the players can smell hypocrisy?
Without question. The only reason the redshirt was blown was so DW wouldn't be completely raw next year. Diaco knows 2017 is put up or shut up. He couldn't risk needing a full season before seeing results from this kid.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Nope. he was trying to cover his ass. Come hell or high water, he was deflecting by busting Bryant and going with Donovan. poor kid has bus tracks all over him while Diaco's pleats aren't even wrinkled.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with playing Donovan. I have a huge problem with Vineyard Vines straight lying about how the decision was made. There was no 'call your parent moment'. It was a desperate move from someone in over his head. And it has backfired big time

Reaction Score
Nope. he was trying to cover his ass. Come hell or high water, he was deflecting by busting Bryant and going with Donovan. poor kid has bus tracks all over him while Diaco's pleats aren't even wrinkled.

BY the grace of God, he'll never see 2017 as our coach...

Reaction Score
I think Diaco out diaco'd himself. The pressure has gotten to him and he probably feels he deserves to get canned but doesn't want to.
A lot of pressure when u are given/paid over $1.5 million a year to coach a football team and it doesn't work out.
I feel bad for him but then again I don't because I know I'd better prepare this team for 5% of his salary.

Reaction Score
I think Diaco out diaco'd himself. The pressure has gotten to him and he probably feels he deserves to get canned but doesn't want to.
A lot of pressure when u are given/paid over $1.5 million a year to coach a football team and it doesn't work out.
I feel bad for him but then again I don't because I know I'd better prepare this team for 5% of his salary.
A blind, deaf mute could prepare this team better

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Without question. The only reason the redshirt was blown was so DW wouldn't be completely raw next year. Diaco knows 2017 is put up or shut up. He couldn't risk needing a full season before seeing results from this kid.

He's not going to be around in 2017 and he should already know it, but judging by how delusional he is about everything else, whether or not this fact has registered in his tortured mind is anybody's guess.

If it has, then the only possible motivation for burning the redshirt is pure egomania and nothing else. Let's prove to the world that my QB recruit is the best thing since sliced bread, so at least I can pound my chest in future job interviews and say, "See, I recruited this ace QB. If only they had given me the chance to coach him for his entire career, we would have made it all the way to a NY6 bowl game!"

If that was his idea, it's now blown up all over his pretty face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom