The Nose Chronicles | The Boneyard

The Nose Chronicles

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So Stewie isn't the first teammate to break Sue's nose. Stewie is in good company.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UC, all of your narratives are conclusive, and suggest one thing, Sue has yet to learn to keep her nose out of her teammates business. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the archives with the original caption.

bird_041012_320.jpg

Sue Bird: Like Hamilton, Bird claimed a championship this year behind a plastic barrier.
Bird and her Seattle Storm teammates captured the 2004 WNBA ...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that although Sue plays 8 months abroad every year compared to 3-4 months in the WNBA, 4 of her 5 nose breaks occurred in the W -- and the 5th one occurred during warmups in Turkey, not in a game. Does that mean that the W is a more physical league than those winter leagues?

Also, did we all notice how Sue had the head coach's clipboard during the timeout preceding Seattle's final play? In discussions about Geno's eventual successor, let no one say that she lacks coaching experience.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that although Sue plays 8 months abroad every year compared to 3-4 months in the WNBA, 4 of her 5 nose breaks occurred in the W -- and the 5th one occurred during warmups in Turkey, not in a game. Does that mean that the W is a more physical league than those winter leagues?

Also, did we all notice how Sue had the head coach's clipboard during the timeout preceding Seattle's final play? In discussions about Geno's eventual successor, let no one say that she lacks coaching experience.

I saw that!!! Not that she was trying to upstage her head coach Dan Hughes, it's that her unique leadership skills rose to the surface like a volcanic eruption, and she felt she had to share what she saw on the floor with the five players in the game. It was at a very critical moment in the game with the decision hanging in the balance. You're right!! That brief display of emotion and leadership tells you what kind of coach Sue would be. Did you notice that everyone on the team was paying attention to what she was saying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I loved this quote from DT as reported by Alex Simon at highposthoops.com :

"I hate when Sue gets hurt, especially with her nose. She's very picky about her
nose. When you have a nose like mine, you don't give a sh it. When you have a
face like Sue, I would worry too."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Well she has about the same success ratio as geno on drawn up plays. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw that!!! Not that she was trying to upstage her head coach Dan Gilbert, it's that her unique leadership skills rose to the surface like a volcanic eruption, and she felt she had to share what she saw on the floor with the five players in the game. It was at a very critical moment in the game with the decision hanging in the balance. You're right!! That brief display of emotion and leadership tells you what kind of coach Sue would be. Did you notice that everyone on the team was paying attention to what she was saying?

Dan Gilbert -----> Dan Hughes.

That is one weird Freudian Slip. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Dan Gilbert -----> Dan Hughes.

That is one weird Freudian Slip. ;)

Oops, I got my "Dans" mixed up. Corrected thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom