The next time our defense set the edge... | The Boneyard

The next time our defense set the edge...

Reaction Score
will be the first time.

Oh, BTW, Good grief. If you're on the backside. STAY THERE!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Pal, tonight was the first game in two years I was able to enjoy. The D is what it is, its young but its obvious that we are doing more every game. The blitz packages tonight were a nice improvement. We were competitive the whole night. Its not even worth getting into it further. The Warde walk-on got a snap, you should be acting like we won a gold medal for that alone considering your post history. Go to bed. For the good of the fan base.

Reaction Score
Pal, tonight was the first game in two years I was able to enjoy. The D is what it is, its young but its obvious that we are doing more every game. The blitz packages tonight were a nice improvement. We were competitive the whole night. Its not even worth getting into it further. The Warde walk-on got a snap, you should be acting like we won a gold medal for that alone considering your post history. Go to bed. For the good of the fan base.

For the first time I felt like we had a chance tonight. I honestly believe if we had better depth in the secondary we would have won that game

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
For the first time I felt like we had a chance tonight. I honestly believe if we had better depth in the secondary we would have won that game
And maybe not missed so many tackles in the second half.

Reaction Score

Sorry but I will not confuse tonight's game with a win. I do appreciate that it was the second game this year that we actually had a chance to win. And I noticed it was the first game that Edsall decided not to play 14 freshman in the starting 11 on defense.

But I did notice in the spring game this year that we almost never set the edge on the lead side nor on the back side, --in the spring game. I look forward to Edsall addressing that issue at some point. Of course it took him ten years to address the blocking on punts.

Reaction Score
And maybe not missed so many tackles in the second half.
I think if we had better depth, the tackling would have been better. Even the announcers were pointing out how much better the defense looked like, but our lack of depth really had us gassed by 4th quarter

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on Okounam on the DL? He was always thought highly of on the old staff, and I saw a tweet about him playing tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think if we had better depth, the tackling would have been better. Even the announcers were pointing out how much better the defense looked like, but our lack of depth really had us gassed by 4th quarter
Agreed, but That will come....David Diehl made a good point when he said that all the freshman starters will pay dividends in seasons to come.

Reaction Score
Tough to set the edge when you have inferior strength, speed and experience. They are taking their lumps now but it will speed up the learning curve

Reaction Score
Sorry but I will not confuse tonight's game with a win. I do appreciate that it was the second game this year that we actually had a chance to win. And I noticed it was the first game that Edsall decided not to play 14 freshman in the starting 11 on defense.

But I did notice in the spring game this year that we almost never set the edge on the lead side nor on the back side, --in the spring game. I look forward to Edsall addressing that issue at some point. Of course it took him ten years to address the blocking on punts.
Well, aren't you a breath of Spring! We play an undefeated team at their stadium and are in it to the end and that's all you've got. Why don't you root for Rutgers?

Reaction Score
Good to see some signs of improvement. The goal is to get better, and if they can sustain an upward trajectory in performance, then the season served its purpose and is a building block for next year. That’s all you can hope for. In the meantime, I’ll take solace in the little things...like a few open field tackles instead of misses.

C

Chief00

I really liked what I saw from Tyler Coyle. He had good angles all night and looked like he was outrunning several of the players on USF's offense tonight.

Coyle ran some fast guys down after they had broken big plays. Good for him.
Overall improvements, sprinkled with the stark reality that we gave up over 600 yards again. That little dude Ford is some back and he is a freshman. See some freshmen can play day 1.

Reaction Score
Tough to set the edge when you have inferior strength, speed and experience. They are taking their lumps now but it will speed up the learning curve
Stop it. I'm talking about running into the wash and getting taken out of the play. Hold your position, don't leave huge cutback lanes. If you're on the front of the play just eat up the block and force the run back inside. This is not a too weak, too slow comment. Play your position, trust the guy next to you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom