The next step in the development of UConn quarterback Nick Evers: ‘Consistency’ (Arruda) | The Boneyard

The next step in the development of UConn quarterback Nick Evers: ‘Consistency’ (Arruda)

Reaction Score

-> Getting used to playing quarterback at the college level, with an entirely new team in an entirely different part of the country, has been a challenge for UConn’s Nick Evers. It hasn’t helped, either, that just about every other week he’s had to deal with a new medical setback. <-

“As he gets more comfortable with his own game, then he can become a little bit more of a forceful leader verbally. Out there today, he was a different kid out there on the field today at practice than he’s been,” Mora said. “I think that’s just the function of him having some confidence building from the fourth quarter (against Wake Forest). I want to see him just continue to be consistent and take care of the football.” <-

-> “The best development is actually going through game reps and everything like that, and as time goes on, I see myself progressing and getting better and better. So (I’m) just trying to keep on stacking plays,” Evers said. “The more I play, the more confident I feel seeing coverages, going through progressions. One thing I just need to continue to work on all season is just being more consistent on everything, but other than that I see myself improving throughout my entire game.” <-

Reaction Score
If he can stay in the game, we’ll have an idea if he’s our guy pretty quick, by seasons end latest, 20 minutes soonest

Reaction Score
Was it Remember the Titans, where the QB could throw the ball downfield on a dime and couldn't pitch to the TB?

Reaction Score

-> "I think we all see there's talent there," Mora said. "He hasn't played a lot still. Every time he's getting ready to play, I kind of tell you he hasn't played a lot. Eventually I'm going to have to stop saying that but it's still true.

"At that position probably more than any other position snaps are relevant, how many snaps you've had, good snaps and bad snaps. Unfortunately, he has had to miss some game time because of the injuries. He just needs to continue to work on being consistent. As he works and gets more comfortable with his own game, then he can become a little bit more of a forceful leader verbally." <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom