The next dominoes (June 30 edition) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The next dominoes (June 30 edition)

Reaction Score
ESPN is actually hinting ND might make a move:

It makes no sense for ND to stay in the ACC if they don't want to miss the boat. They will finally join the B1G, and there isn't much other choice now.

ACC death watch should be next. It should be entertaining.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist. I could hint this.

The ACC and ESPN are the biggest loosers as well as the PAC 12

Reaction Score
I think the B1G wants UNC in addition to others. They have a powerful draw.

It will come down to what SEC wants and what B1G wants from the ACC. I am sure every ACC school is feeling much anxiety right now since they can't trust any of their fellow conference members. One thing we learned in the realignment game is it is every school for itself, with no one gives a rat's ass about tradition, rivalry, or whatever.

If I am UNC, UVA, and others, I should be on the phone looking into options to get off the sinking ship before others do.

Reaction Score
It will come down to what SEC wants and what B1G wants from the ACC. I am sure every ACC school is feeling much anxiety right now since they can't trust any of their fellow conference members. One thing we learned in the realignment game is it is every school for itself, with no one gives a rat's ass about tradition, rivalry, or whatever.

If I am UNC, UVA, and others, I should be on the phone looking into options to get off the sinking ship before others do.

I think both the SEC and the B1G want UNC. It’s going to be fun to watch.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I think the B1G wants UNC in addition to others. They have a powerful draw.

Agreed. I'm thinking the eventual end game may be the B1G and SEC getting to 24 teams and having four six team divisions. I'd think the B1G is just determining what the best route is for the remaining 8 spots-- full west coast dominance vs eastern seaboard dominance vs getting into the South/SEC country. My guess it goes something like:

East
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
Virginia
UNC
Georgia Tech

Central
Ohio St
Notre Dame
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St

North
Illinois
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska

West
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Oregon
Washington
Arizona

Reaction Score
There may be a desire for the old-time ACC schools such as Duke, NC, UVA, and Wake Forest to stay put in the ACC. It is similar to why the Ivy League schools don't want to move around. Tradition.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I'm thinking the eventual end game may be the B1G and SEC getting to 24 teams and having four six team divisions. I'd think the B1G is just determining what the best route is for the remaining 8 spots-- full west coast dominance vs eastern seaboard dominance vs getting into the South/SEC country. My guess it goes something like:

East
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
Virginia
UNC
Georgia Tech

Central
Ohio St
Notre Dame
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St

North
Illinois
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska

West
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Oregon
Washington
Arizona

I think you are closer to right than most. They aren’t just matching the SEC tiiit for tat. They are thinking bigger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

UNC, UVA and GT would be the B1G's dream. Have every east coast market from NYC to ATL covered and bleedover throughout much of Florida with FSU and a glimmer of light from the U.

Reaction Score
I believe B1G is thinking of Florida. Will the SEC strike first and add Florida State, or will B1G do it first? SEC does have the Florida problem, but they might strike first to protect key FLA recruiting from B1G. If I am B1G, I go after Florida State as quickly as I can since Florida recruiting is important for B1G schools.

Reaction Score
The B1G need Syracuse to get the NYC market. At least that’s what I read on the Syracuse board. LOL . I also read (according to the Dud from WV) that the SEC and B1G are both interested in WVU and that valuable market.

Reaction Score
Big Ten does not need any additional teams
If ND decides to move....great.
Each team in conference is guaranteed at least 75 million a year right now. It"s a good position to be in

Reaction Score
The B1G need Syracuse to get the NYC market. At least that’s what I read on the Syracuse board. LOL . I also read (according to the Dud from WV) that the SEC and B1G are both interested in WVU and that valuable market.
You’re joking, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom