The Next Couple of Weeks | The Boneyard

The Next Couple of Weeks

Reaction Score
I sure hope Edsall doesn't return from his recruiting trip with a long face. And I pray we can find a way to avoid a blowout loss to UMass for the sake of recruiting in the NY/New England area. What happens between now and close of business on October 27, will be very important to the near term future of our program.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I don’t think we’ll beat UMass, but I think we have a puncher’s chance.

I definitely don’t think we’ll get blown out by UMass, but I guess that would depend on how you define the term :)

Reaction Score
UMass is sadly a better team with better football players... which is simply inexcusable under any scenario.

Reaction Score
UMass is sadly a better team with better football players... which is simply inexcusable under any scenario.

Yes, it is difficult to accept that the UMass program, in just a few years, eclipsed our program by hiring better coaches and recruiting better players, even while playing in a lesser conference or as an independent and with no record of achievement. BC and Cuse are again able to cherry pick any regional P5 level talent, while we now face an uphill recruiting battle against UMass for the remaining G5 and FCS level talent.

It's surprising that Diaco, with his energetic enthusiasm, wasn't able to recruit better. Maybe his Coordinators and position coaches sucked as recruiters, I don't know. He certainly could talk the talk, yet he brought in so few players who held other P5 or AAC offers.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we’ll beat UMass, but I think we have a puncher’s chance.

I definitely don’t think we’ll get blown out by UMass, but I guess that would depend on how you define the term :)
The UMass game over/under should be no less than 90.

Reaction Score
Massey has Mass. game as 42-41 for Mass., so essentially a toss up game. UConn gives up 54 ppg. but Mass. is up there also at 44 ppg. Massey has UConn strength of schedule at 47 and Mass. at 110, with that level of difference in SOS shows UConn has played substantially better teams to date. Sure looks like UConn should be in this game. Offense needs to have a RI type game as chances of UConn holding any team below 40 is not good (especially if don't have any time of possession or turn it over a couple of times).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Massey has Mass. game as 42-41 for Mass., so essentially a toss up game. UConn gives up 54 ppg. but Mass. is up there also at 44 ppg. Massey has UConn strength of schedule at 47 and Mass. at 110, with that level of difference in SOS shows UConn has played substantially better teams to date. Sure looks like UConn should be in this game. Offense needs to have a RI type game as chances of UConn holding any team below 40 is not good (especially if don't have any time of possession or turn it over a couple of times).
So its all about playing a full 60 minutes for UConn something they have done only once this year. They will also have to win the turnover battle (no more fumbles/interceptions) and there will be a special challenge for the staff, can they come out in the second half with adjustments that work, especially for the offense? The offense has been moving the ball in Q1 and then teams adjust.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
They will also have to win the turnover battle (no more fumbles/interceptions)

Which means Marvin really shouldn't be playing unless the game has already been decided.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom