The "Newton" triple double | The Boneyard

The "Newton" triple double

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would hate it as an opposing fan but Newton has really mastered how to draw fouls and create contact, dude can put the opposition into the penalty all by himself
He’s very strong on the ball. You don’t see him getting stripped going to the rim because he protects the ball so well. Since he’s a good 3 point shooter, they have to play him tight. If they double him when he drives, he passes to a shooter or a dunking machine. Teams will start keying on him and you will see some massive assist games when they do.

caw

Reaction Score
I know I shouldn’t but really the BE refs hated Hurley last year.

Reaction Score
Newton's age is an asset. His opponents are younger and less experienced, it's like he toys with them. Remember in his mind he's the best guard on the Court, proven by his Championship performance.

He's only getting started.

Reaction Score
I know I shouldn’t but really the BE refs hated Hurley last year.
When we go 17-0 out of conference and win every game by double digits, but go only 14-8 in conference, it is absolutely fair to point to that as an explanation, especially given that this grudge has actually been acknowledged.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Loved when Tristen tried to convince the refs that he was shooting instead of throwing a lob to Clingan. The cameras followed him the entire time. You could tell the refs were having a difficult time not laughing. The smile Tristen gave just before his inbounds throw said it all. The young man loves the game.

Last season Tristen was not getting many calls he deserved even OOC. Hopefully this game is the first of many where he gets the “star” treatment he deserves.

Reaction Score
Newton's age is an asset. His opponents are younger and less experienced, it's like he toys with them. Remember in his mind he's the best guard on the Court, proven by his Championship performance.

He's only getting started.
You could really see this last game when he was guarding Gabe Cupps a 4 star freshman but just no match Newtons size and experience. Cupps was trying to run the offense and Newton was giving him the big brother treatment just bullying him off the ball.

Reaction Score
Congrats on your third triple double Tristen. What's the uconn record for total triple doubles? Again thanks Tristen for three triple doubles and the national championship. Go UConn

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tristen has 3 of the programs total of 14 triple doubles, and he has done it in only a season and a quarter.
Can't be overlooked.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tristen has 3 of the programs total of 14 triple doubles, and he has done it in only a season and a quarter.
Other than Tristan, only Shabazz, who has two, has ever done it more than once.

Reaction Score
Other than Tristan, only Shabazz, who has two, has ever done it more than once.
I'm curious why so many on here spell Tristen's name wrong. Are there famous Tristan's that make lots of people go with Tristan automatically? When you're responding to a post that spells it right I would think it's easy to follow suit. It's Tristen, with an E. I'm not giving up on this.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I'm curious why so many on here spell Tristen's name wrong. Are there famous Tristan's that make lots of people go with Tristan automatically? When you're responding to a post that spells it right I would think it's easy to follow suit. It's Tristen, with an E. I'm not giving up on this.
I agree with HooparScoopar.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It may be that drawing attention to it the issue gets worse. I mean the whole BY experience is kind of based on the George Constanza theory of relativity. If you want a result do the opposite.

Reaction Score
You mean T. Newt?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, since we've had this conversation before, I think you already know the answer. But you're a good guy so I'll assume that your question is in good faith, I will answer. I primarily voice text and that is how my iPhone has decided Tristen's name should be spelled. Since my MO here is quick voice texts that I rarely proof, you can either accept that explanation, put me on ignore if it really bothers you, or we can have this conversation periodically.

I'm fine with whatever you decide.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Well, since we've had this conversation before, I think you already know the answer. But you're a good guy so I'll assume that your question is in good faith, I will answer. I primarily voice text and that is how my iPhone has decided Tristen's name should be spelled. Since my MO here is quick voice texts that I rarely proof, you can either accept that explanation, put me on ignore if it really bothers you, or we can have this conversation periodically.

You're a prolific poster to be sure. But I'm not convinced that you alone qualify as "so many". ;)

Reaction Score

I will call Apple and have them use "Tristen" instead of "Tristan" for voice to text. I will let you know what they say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom