The new AP Poll tomorrow... | The Boneyard

The new AP Poll tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone want to take a guess where UConn or other teams will be ranked? I think it will be:
1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3. Wichita State
4. Florida
5. Kansas
6. San Diego State
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Louisville
10. Villanova
11. Kentucky
12. Michigan
13. Wisconsin
14. Cincinatti
15. Iowa State
16. Duke
17. Iowa
18. Pitt
19. Saint Louis
20. UMass
21. Memphis
22. Creighton
23. Oklahoma
24. UConn
25. Ohio State

Reaction Score
Anyone want to take a guess where UConn or other teams will be ranked? I think it will be:
1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3. Wichita State
4. Florida
5. Kansas
6. San Diego State
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Louisville
10. Villanova
11. Kentucky
12. Michigan
13. Wisconsin
14. Cincinatti
15. Iowa State
16. Duke
17. Iowa
18. Pitt
19. Saint Louis
20. UMass
21. Memphis
22. Creighton
23. Oklahoma
24. UConn
25. Ohio State

temery

What?
Reaction Score
1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3. Wichita State
4. Florida
5. Kansas
6. San Diego State
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Louisville
10. Villanova
11. Kentucky
12. Michigan
13. Wisconsin
14. Cincinatti
15. Iowa State
16. Duke
17. Iowa
18. Pitt
19. Saint Louis
20. UMass
21. Memphis
22. Creighton
23. Oklahoma
24. UConn
25. Ohio State

The only reason I care at this point if UConn is ranked is that it'll be easier to find and follow scores on ESPN. Top 25 is their default.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I doubt UCONN gets ranked with only Temple/Rutgers type quality wins.

I'm thinking it's the teams ahead of us that lost this week that will put us back in the top 25 not the quality of our wins.

Reaction Score
I doubt UCONN gets ranked with only Temple/Rutgers type quality wins.

A couple teams in competition with UConn for a spot lost.

There are a lot of 5-6 loss teams out there who were formerly ahead of UConn.

Kansas St. and Baylor were ahead of UConn, but they'll be behind them now. Creighton and UConn will grab their top 25 spots. California at 14-5 was a possibility but they just lost to USC.

Reaction Score
Since the ESPN lead on yesterday's game was UConn has much more difficult time with Rutgers than expected. I don't see much movement
We were a 6 1/2 favorite and won by 10. It's another ESPN head scratcher.
No mention of DD injury. If a Rutgers sub was injured it would have been UConn struggles against short handed Rutgers.
We are a valuable piece of their inventory so the downplaying is confusing.
I'm hoping they know something we don't.

Reaction Score
A couple teams in competition with UConn for a spot lost.

There are a lot of 5-6 loss teams out there who were formerly ahead of UConn.

Kansas St. and Baylor were ahead of UConn, but they'll be behind them now. Creighton and UConn will grab their top 25 spots. California at 14-5 was a possibility but they just lost to USC.
People are forgetting about Texas which just beat 3 consecutive top 25 teams in Iowa State, Kansas State and Baylor.

I believe Creighton, a team like us just outside the top 25, receive more points than we did last week. I believe they just beat a ranked team this past week as well. Since few teams ranked in the lower part of the top 25 lost last week, I think we'll end up just outside the top 25, with Creighton and Texas moving in.

Here's where the AAC conference schedule really hurts us. The losses to Houston and SMU drop us out of the top 25, making it very hard for us to make up ground and get back in there. Any losses to unranked AAC teams has a very bad effect on our ranking, making wins against the few top AAC teams absolutely critical. There's very little margin for error, compared to the old Big East where we could lose a bunch of games against ranked and unranked teams but also win our share of games against ranked teams and remain somewhere within the top 25.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People are forgetting about Texas which just beat 3 consecutive top 25 teams in Iowa State, Kansas State and Baylor.

I believe Creighton, a team like us just outside the top 25, receive more points than we did last week. I believe they just beat a ranked team this past week as well. Since few teams ranked in the lower part of the top 25 lost last week, I think we'll end up just outside the top 25, with Creighton and Texas moving in.

Here's where the AAC conference schedule really hurts us. The losses to Houston and SMU drop us out of the top 25, making it very hard for us to make up ground and get back in there. Any losses to unranked AAC teens has a very bad effect on a ranking, while forcing us to win against the top teams in the AAC

Creighton totally destroyed Nova at their place last week.

Texas was 5 and 8 spots behind us in the "other receiving votes" group in the 2 polls. The good news about TX beating KSU and Baylor this past week is that both those teams were ranked in the 20's and should be primed to fall out of the top 25 leaving open spots.

caw

Reaction Score
OSU, KSU and Baylor should drop out.

I know OSU was 17 but they have dropped 4 of 5 and don't belong right now, IMO. They will likely stay at 24 or 25

Reaction Score
Creighton totally destroyed Nova at their place last week.

Texas was 5 and 8 spots behind us in the "other receiving votes" group in the 2 polls. The good news about TX beating KSU and Baylor this past week is that both those teams were ranked in the 20's and should be primed to fall out of the top 25 leaving open spots.
Don't be shocked that even with those two teams dropping out of the top 25, for Texas and Creighton to grab those 2 spots with UConn just outside the top 25. I hope that's not the case, but thats what I think will happen.

Reaction Score
OSU, KSU and Baylor should drop out.

I know OSU was 17 but they have dropped 4 of 5 and don't belong right now, IMO. They will likely stay at 24 or 25
That's a long way to drop, though I think we had that type of drop when we lost to the two TX teams. But if all three of those teams drop out of the top 25, I think you're right and that UConn will find themselves sneaking in there at number 25. I hope that's the case.

Reaction Score
Is cuse really that good? I haven't watched them but they appear to be having a special year (until March comes).

Reaction Score

Here's where the AAC conference schedule really hurts us. The losses to Houston and SMU drop us out of the top 25, making it very hard for us to make up ground and get back in there. Any losses to unranked AAC teams has a very bad effect on our ranking, making wins against the few top AAC teams absolutely critical. There's very little margin for error, compared to the old Big East where we could lose a bunch of games against ranked and unranked teams but also win our share of games against ranked teams and remain somewhere within the top 25.
Its really just the Houston loss, there's no shame in losing on the road to a SMU that has a good chance to be in the tourney this year barring a collapse. The national perception of this UConn team would be entirely different if they were 17-3 with a "bad" loss to a mediocre Stanford team at home by 2, the Houston loss really effed everything up.

Reaction Score
Since the ESPN lead on yesterday's game was UConn has much more difficult time with Rutgers than expected. I don't see much movement
No mention of DD injury. If a Rutgers sub was injured it would have been UConn struggles against short handed Rutgers.
The crying over how you and others believed we are perceived and treated by the national media is downright embarrassing. Get over it

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AZHuskiePop said:

Because the ACC is required to be the most awesomest BB conference and any coverage that says otherwise or isn't directly promoting an upcoming network TV game must be downplayed

caw

Reaction Score
That's a long way to drop, though I think we had that type of drop when we lost to the two TX teams. But if all three of those teams drop out of the top 25, I think you're right and that UConn will find themselves sneaking in there at number 25. I hope that's the case.

I don't expect OSU will drop out, but they should. They were at #3 then lost 4 in a row. They never should have been #3. They are benefitting from being mistakenly highly ranked early.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
The crying over how you and others believed we are perceived and treated by the national media is downright embarrassing. Get over it

It's the willingness to "get over it" that is the problem and it begins in Storrs. Thinking certain teams or stories are or aren't promoted by ESPN, is about as naive as it gets. There are these things called production meetings held specifically for this purpose and there is an entire subset of the media that monitors ESPN on this very issue.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
K State will be out along with Baylor. Ohio State will fall anywhere from 20-25. I see Texas jumping us and we get the most receiving votes.

Reaction Score
It's the willingness to "get over it" that is the problem and it begins in Storrs. Thinking certain teams or stories are or aren't promoted by ESPN, is about as naive as it gets. There are these things called production meetings held specifically for this purpose and there is an entire subset of the media that monitors ESPN on this very issue.
Your crying about here does so much to stop it.

I am sure espn says hey lets not mention dd got hurt cause we hate uconn! You guys are so delusional I feel bad for ya

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Did dook successfully tie their own shoes this week? If so, they'll be back in the top 10.
They don't even have to tie them. All they have to do is manage to put them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom