The NCAA | The Boneyard

The NCAA

Reaction Score
I think it's time for them to RE evaluate their moral judgement when deciding the fate of students.
Geno is correct, "these decisions should be actually made by people who are on campuses, people who have coached, people who have been administrators?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Geno is correct, "these decisions should be actually made by people who are on campuses, people who have coached, people who have been administrators?”
I thought they were. Aren't the committees that make all the decisions made up of people from the member institutions?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought they were. Aren't the committees that make all the decisions made up of people from the member institutions?

The decision issued on Friday was by a committee of NCAA staff in Indianapolis. The appeal will be decided by the Committee for Legislative Relief which consists of people from member institutions.

Below is part of the summary of the process that was provided by a representative of the NCAA to a reporter in Wisconsin:

Once an institution submits a transfer waiver, typically a team of between 8-12 NCAA staff members initially discusses the case and reaches a consensus before rendering a decision. A rationale for the decision is given to the institution.

If the waiver is denied, an institution can appeal the decision to the NCAA Division I Committee for Legislative Relief. That group includes seven voting members made up of Division I athletic department, compliance and conference officials from around the country.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom