The Nature of a Fan Base | The Boneyard

The Nature of a Fan Base

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is evening now and as I write ND's, SCs and Tenn's public access fan boards have yet to acknowledge the ESPN AA designations in any form. This I don't get. Baylor was Johnny on the spot. Sorry, but I think that is strange.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I wonder if we will get any comment from Muffet at some point during the tournament about her "2 All-America" players which must now be qualified as "I thought Bri and Lindsay played like the "2nd team and also receiving votes All-Americans" that they are tonight in our hard fought 61-60 victory over South Dakota State"...
:p

Reaction Score
Yup, the price of domination. Football blogs for other NFL teams barely mentioned the Superbowl this year. I don't know why other fans don't want to spend all their days singing the praises of the Patriots. You'd think they'd be happy for New Englanders....

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It is evening now and as I write ND's, SCs and Tenn's public access fan boards have yet to acknowledge the ESPN AA designations in any form. This I don't get. Baylor was Johnny on the spot. Sorry, but I think that is strange.
Not exactly sure what you are getting at. Up to a point, fan bases care very little about other teams and other players. I honestly believe the BY is unique in that respect - it is also most likely larger than any other board (except maybe Tennessee).

I have been shocked how little some folks on the Rutgers board - who have been following RU for over 20 years - know about WBB in general. A few were totally shocked recently to be told that WBB teams don't make money - a basic fact of the sport.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not exactly sure what you are getting at. Up to a point, fan bases care very little about other teams and other players. I honestly believe the BY is unique in that respect - it is also most likely larger than any other board (except maybe Tennessee).

I have been shocked how little some folks on the Rutgers board - who have been following RU for over 20 years - know about WBB in general. A few were totally shocked recently to be told that WBB teams don't make money - a basic fact of the sport.

Use to be able to count on the Vol fans at least deriding the selection of UConn players by ESPN. But ND and SC has players on this AA team and would that not warrant some fan interest and appreciation?

Reaction Score
I don't know why other fans don't want to spend all their days singing the praises of the Patriots.

I don't think anybody is expecting other fans to 'spend all their days' talking about UConn. They should at least acknowledge excellence. I'm a NY Giants fan and totally appreciate and respect what the Patriots have done. I'm not a golf fan at all but followed Tiger Woods when he was on his run. I'm a Knick fan but enjoy watching the Warriors, Spurs, etc. Kinda silly to ignore awards and great performances of other teams. At some point you have to realize your not in high school or college anymore lol.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You've listed three fan bases that are very much football oriented. That said, SC WBB led the country in attendance and SC MBB was 21st. Combined basketball attendance was second behind Kentucky. Pretty good attendance for a football league.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You've listed three fan bases that are very much football oriented. That said, SC WBB led the country in attendance and SC MBB was 21st. Combined basketball attendance was second behind Kentucky. Pretty good attendance for a football league.

It is exactly why I find the lack of chat so interesting.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It is exactly why I find the lack of chat so interesting.

I have a lot of friends who go to WBB games, but most of them don't frequent message boards. Message board frequenters amongst USC fans tend to be male and our WBB fan base tends towards female and retirees - not the groups that tend to visit message boards.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a lot of friends who go to WBB games, but most of them don't frequent message boards. Message board frequenters amongst USC fans tend to be male and our WBB fan base tends towards female and retirees - not the groups that tend to visit message boards.

Uh, cockhrn, what do you think the demographic profile is of this board?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom