The National Invitational Camp aka NFL Scouting Combine | The Boneyard

The National Invitational Camp aka NFL Scouting Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read the history of the NIC (http://www.nflcombine.net/history) and that the 'key purpose' is "to ascertain medical information on the top draft eligible prospects in college football." I also understand that it's evolved into a chance for players to interview with their prospective employers and showcase their talents as "...the best of the best of the best." (With apologies to MIB.) . But is that really the case? It seems to me there are quite a few top draft eligible players that don't attend the NIC and still get selected in the draft. Why the disconnect?

I figured at least one or more well educated BYers could shed some light on this with a well-reasoned and plausible explanation. :) Thanks in advance.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If you feel you need to (or can) improve your current standing as a prospect, you attend the combine. If you think you can maintain your standing (and avoid slipping), you attend the combine. If you think you have nothing left to prove, maybe you skip. You might also skip because you have an injury - makes no sense to run a subpar forty on a bum hammy, although you can make it up during your school's pro day. At this point, these kids have agents telling them what to do so most of their moves are dictated by the guys trying to get them rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom