The Most Talented Team in America | The Boneyard

The Most Talented Team in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
According to Diaco, who just about an hour ago said that DW should be the best at his position in the country, we have:
David Corley-a rock star in the making, will be the best in America
Obi-best in America
Mikal myers-best in America
Foley-potential to be the best in America
Noel Thomas-best in America (maybe actually true)

My point is that if what Diaco is saying is true (which it isnt) then shouldnt he by his own admission be fired as our coach? he touts us as having more top players than Alabama. and if these ridiculous statements are not true, then you've put an incredible amount of undeserved pressure on your players and staff. so what is it? are we a potential alabama? we couldnt possibly have that many great players and be such a poor team. and why wont any reporters call him out on this?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My point is that we either have the worst talent evaluator in the nation or a coach who is mismanaging national talent to an embarrassing degree--which is it?

Reaction Score
So with all those great players how come the defense is getting torched every week?

Reaction Score
My point is that we either have the worst talent evaluator in the nation or a coach who is mismanaging national talent to an embarrassing degree--which is it?

Or maybe it's just coach speak. At this point we just have to hope the guy is a serial bullspit artist because if he really believes this stuff then we have bigger problems than any of us ever realized.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think he really believes it...

I really think so too. i think diavo is just one of those optimal human potential people who believes that all that matters is your attitude, as if any QB could be tom brady if they just 'put their mind to it'

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So if we have all of these NFL prospects why is our team so terrible...Maybe Diaco needs to look at himself if we have all this "talent" why are we horrible?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
According to Diaco, who just about an hour ago said that DW should be the best at his position in the country, we have:
Obi-best in America

My point is that if what Diaco is saying is true (which it isnt) then shouldnt he by his own admission be fired as our coach? he touts us as having more top players than Alabama. and if these ridiculous statements are not true, then you've put an incredible amount of undeserved pressure on your players and staff. so what is it? are we a potential alabama? we couldnt possibly have that many great players and be such a poor team. and why wont any reporters call him out on this?

Why would the reporters call this out on "the best HC in America"?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sure, at this most tenuous point in his UConn career, he has to hope and pray that his superiors are still buying his BS. Acting like you've recruited the second coming of Joe Montana is part of that process, but I think the superiors aren't buying into his schtick anymore. If they still are, we've got even worse problems than I already thought.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

David Corley-a rock star in the making, will be the best in America who knows and if so why did it take him so long to make the switch
Obi-best in America is one of the best combo safeties in America and should be a mid round pick
Mikal myers-best in America. He might be one of the best run stuffers in the AAC will get a look at the next level
Foley-potential to be the best in America..talent yes, heart sometimes. Can be dominate but isn't
Noel Thomas-best in America (maybe actually true) one of the top wide outs and if he runs well at the combine he should be a mid to late round pick

Reaction Score
Whaler
I kind of agree with you. Between Diaco and Ollie I see 2 guys who just don't know how to fix what's wrong. Diaco mouths nonsense And Ollie e platitudes. It is almost painful to watch. I almost get the feeling Diaco wants to get fired because this is so miserable for him.

Reaction Score
Obi-best in America

Diaco on Byron Jones 8/21/2014 was the picked #27 in the first round of the NFL Draft. Diaco predicted it.

Dallas Cowboys pick cornerback Byron Jones No. 27 in 2015 NFL Draft

Reaction Score
Obi-best in America

That is puzzling but not unusual. Other than this year, UCONN has had really good defenses and we have a number of D backs in the NFL. A school like UCONN vs. Alabama, etc. just dosn't get enough of them. Obi seems to have responded well to the pre season praise. Like Byron Jones, he should be a top notch NFL draft pick. You can have top shelf players but it just goes to show that you need a complete team to win. Its Diaco's responsibility and prerogative to promote his players and coaches. Lets see where Obi and Foley go in the NFL draft. Then lets see how Donovan Williams and Corley perform before throwing the daggers.

Reaction Score
If you only have a less than handful of talent doesn't mean you going to win every single game, you can't compare having some talent to Alabama, there backup to there backup is rated higher than our starters. Yes, we need to get better athletes.... Our team has gotten bigger and stronger but slower.... when I see the games, I see a huge dif. in speed. We need to get faster too and still stay big and strong

Reaction Score
If you only have a less than handful of talent doesn't mean you going to win every single game, you can't compare having some talent to Alabama, there backup to there backup is rated higher than our starters. Yes, we need to get better athletes.... Our team has gotten bigger and stronger but slower.... when I see the games, I see a huge dif. in speed. We need to get faster too and still stay big and strong

We have some pretty fast guys at some of the skill positions coming up. Keep an eye out for Keyion Dixon WR,
Quayvon Scanes WR, Jakevious Vickers, RB, Nate Hopkins RB, Tahj Herring DB, Marshe Terry, DB.

There may be more speedsters but I know that Dixon, Scanes, Vickers and Herring are really fast track guys. Not sure you can open
these links up without signing up yourself but it includes their times in the 100 meters and others.

Quayvon Scanes Quayvon Skanes
Keyion Dixon Keyion Dixon
Tahj Herring Tahj Herring
Jakevious Vickers Ja'kevious Vickers

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's the red pants, if you wear something like that, you're messed up in the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom