The most frustrating minute of basketball ever? | The Boneyard

The most frustrating minute of basketball ever?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
OK, that might be a bit hyperbolic.
It might not be the MOST frustrating minute, but I sure can't think of a worse one.

• 1:20 Coming out of a TO, down by 1, Ajax triggers inbound play from the sideline at our end.
  • 1:01.4 after 9 passes(?!), Polley launches from three with the shot clock expiring. I really seemed to me that 7 or 8 of those passes were hot potato passes by guys who didn't want to be the one to turn it over or miss the potential game winner.
  • 0:59.2 Ajax comes untouched down the lane to tap the rebound. Tap looked good, but it hit back rim just a little too hard.
  • 0:57.2 Polley takes the rebound, turns and passes to Cole beyond the 3 point line.
  • 0:56.3 Cole launches.
  • 0:54.0 After rattling around the rim for a second or two, the ball rolls off, right into Ajax's hands, under the basket.
  • 0:53.5 Ajax goes up weak, and hits the ball off the bottom of the rim. If he had taken a second to gather himself and go up strong, he would almost surely have dunked it, been fouled, or both.
  • 0:51.2 Polley chases it down in the corner, turns and launches. Short.
  • 046.4 WV player who has already stepped on the end line, taps the ball back in, directly to McNeil.
  • Inexplicably, instead of fouling as soon as McNeil passed the ball, we play defense for 25 seconds, then foul.
  • Sherman makes the first one, misses the 2nd and...
  • 0:20.5 Osabuohien comes across the lane to get the rebound off the missed FT.
  • Game essentially over at that point.
  • WV gets the ball to McNeil to put it out of reach.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom