The more I read the more I get pissed RE: Big12 | The Boneyard

The more I read the more I get pissed RE: Big12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone catch the comments from Dodds. Not only are they all now hunky dory in the Big 12 he also manages to sneak in a thank you to Notre Dame and says he could easily see them in the same conference down the road. I swear everyone is doing their damndest to sink the Big East. In other words he is telling the Big 10 and ACC to hold off because we may come as a pair down the road. He was very careful to praise the ACC. This whole thing wreeks of collusion to kill the Big East and if thats being paranoid than so be it. Not only are they leaking possible replacements left and right they are also saying them may well all joing hands in the same conference they are playing both sides of th fence and holding everyone hostage with their games.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268552

Reaction Score
If Texas and nd move somewhere together, I see Jim delaney with large dollar signs in his eyes. Then I see Ou in the sec.

Reaction Score
""One thing we've learned through all of this is Notre Dame is a friend," said Dodds, adding that he wouldn't rule out Texas and Notre Dame one day being in the same conference. "

Great.....just what we need..a trial balloon

Reaction Score
Maybe he thinks Notre Dame is going to the Big 12 otherwise he is telling everyone else once again that Texas is not committed. They are freaking schizoid.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
ESPN was able to cause enough instability using their equities (LHN, SEC, ACC) to eliminate the competition (Big East), withough actaully having to lose any of them. They add more content (Syracuse, Pitt in the BE; Louisville, WVU, Cincinnati, TCU in the Big 12) to their programing withough having to pay billions of dollars to the Big East for it.

Another perfectly executed plan for ESPN. They are the puppet master and we are all the puppets.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Reading this......take it with a grain of salt. Quote after quote, to me is mostly BS on a stick. We all know he wouldn't be spewing this garbage if they weren't shot down by the Pac 12.

When asked if Texas' public perception has taken a beating during realignment, Dodds said, "We are who we are. People say what they say. The outcome is the outcome. We are proud of ourselves. We are proud we put the kids first. We are proud we are taking care of our third-tier (TV) rights."

- Kids first???? HA!

On the possibility of independence, Dodds said, "We looked at it. It was not very high on our list. It's problematic for football scheduling and for scheduling your other sports. We probably make more money as an independent, but it would hurt our kids with inconsistent travel.

-Yeah we all know the close proximity between Austin and Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom