The Michael Jordan of the WNBA is ... | The Boneyard

The Michael Jordan of the WNBA is ...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF THE WNBA IS... shouldn't the title read "The NBA"? :eek:

Isn't it a little early to anoint him? Right now, he's playing against rookies and "G league" players. He won't get a crack at the BIG boys until late October. Let's wait until the all-star break and revisit how he's doing.

He'll have enough games under his belt by then for us to draw a fair conclusion as to his ability to play at this level, and project how he'll do the rest of the season. Remember, Lonzo Ball was the summer games MVP last year, and look how his rookie season turned out. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF THE WNBA IS... shouldn't the title read "The NBA"? :eek:

Isn't it a little early to anoint him? Right now, he's playing against rookies and "G league" players. Let's wait until the all-star break and revisit how he's doing.

He'll have enough games under his belt by then for us to draw a fair conclusion as to his ability to play at this level, and project how he'll do the rest of the season. Lonzo Ball was the summer games MVP last year, and look how his rookie season turned out. :confused:

Gotta read the whole article!

Meeting ‘The GOAT’

On Tuesday, Ayton was working out at the arena when he was approached by Mercury guard Diana Taurasi.

“I was freaking out,” he said. “She said, ‘hello’, ‘great to have you’. I was like star-struck. I was speechless. She’s the Michael Jordan of the WNBA.”

Asked who would win a 1-on-1 matchup between the two, Ayton smiled.

“Don’t show her this footage, but me,” he said.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Meeting ‘The GOAT’

On Tuesday, Ayton was working out at the arena when he was approached by Mercury guard Diana Taurasi.

“I was freaking out,” he said. “She said, ‘hello’, ‘great to have you’. I was like star-struck. I was speechless. She’s the Michael Jordan of the WNBA.”

Meeting ‘The GOAT’

You're right. I didn't get down that far. I was having too much trouble with the title. :confused:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Remember, Lonzo Ball was the summer games MVP last year, and look how his rookie season turned out. :confused:

Putting aside his shooting numbers - which were bad - he averaged 10.2 ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 7.2 apg and made the NBA's All-Rookie Second Team.

The only rookies in NBA history to average 10-6.9-7 are Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, Ben Simmons, and Lonzo Ball.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Putting aside his shooting numbers - which were bad - he averaged 10.2 ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 7.2 apg and made the NBA's All-Rookie Second Team.

The only rookies in NBA history to average 10-6.9-7 are Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, Ben Simmons, and Lonzo Ball.
There you go again, ruining peoples ideas with facts.

But, thank you. I don't follow the NBA (or men's basketball much) at all, so I didn't know Ball did even as well as he did - it is a big league.

Hope the best for Ayton, as he went to UofA here. Always root for UofA men, but only watch one or two games on TV a year, if that. A true WBB (actually Women's Sports and Football) fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom