The Math Behind the Perfect Free Throw | The Boneyard

The Math Behind the Perfect Free Throw

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted. I checked around Mar. 1 postings and didn't catch anything. This article is applying to men's basketball, but could be of interest for basketball in the women's game. Some time ago, I remember a poster with the handle OldeCoach who had a number of theories on this topic.

The math behind the perfect free throw

Also, in case you missed it, I posted a link to the following piece on analytics in women's bball from Slate:

Women’s Basketball Is Just Now Getting Advanced Stats. They’re Already Changing the Game.

I believe some of the pieces on 538 reference HerHoops, the topic of the piece. UConn uses some pretty high-tech equipment to refine coaching and training decisions. Wonder if HerHoops will eventually be incorporated into the program?

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted. I checked around Mar. 1 postings and didn't catch anything. This article is applying to men's basketball, but could be of interest for basketball in the women's game. Some time ago, I remember a poster with the handle OldeCoach who had a number of theories on this topic.

The math behind the perfect free throw

Also, in case you missed it, I posted a link to the following piece on analytics in women's bball from Slate:

Women’s Basketball Is Just Now Getting Advanced Stats. They’re Already Changing the Game.

I believe some of the pieces on 538 reference HerHoops, the topic of the piece. UConn uses some pretty high-tech equipment to refine coaching and training decisions. Wonder if HerHoops will eventually be incorporated into the program?

Or you could just ask Kaleena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom