The Maryland PSU fallout... | The Boneyard

The Maryland PSU fallout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So who cares about a public reprimand. That's actually funny.

Suspending Diggs going into the Michigan State game is a pretty big deal. I don't know what happened with the referee but it's odd that there was no punishment Saturday.

The one I can't figure out though is the $10,000 fine. What the heck is that for and what the heck is the point?

Reaction Score
That was the commish making 1 thing crystal clear

Are you f'g kidding me. I could've taken UVA or VaTech, but I went after you and funded your exit from that G6 conference and this is how you act? Do it again, and I'll send you back you ungrateful, immature bunch. You're in the BIG -- now start acting like it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was the commish making 1 thing crystal clear

Are you f'g kidding me. I could've taken UVA or VaTech, but I went after you and funded your exit from that G6 conference and this is how you act? Do it again, and I'll send you back you ungrateful, immature bunch. You're in the BIG -- now start acting like it

Yes the league that houses Penn State and Ohio State is sending a message to Maryland.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I saw two different accounts that stated Diggs's hand came in contact with the ref's face and the second was that he came in contact with the ref during some bumping and shoving. It sounds incidental but based on the tenor of the situation the B1G wanted to send a message.

The public reprimand is dumb. Edsall apologized after the game, so he needed to make a "super-sorry" statement after the reprimand.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Well this is one way to start a rivalry instead of forcing one on you like some folks are trying to do with UCF or Temple or any other team in the we don't care conference we're in right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well this is one way to start a rivalry instead of forcing one on you like some folks are trying to do with UCF or Temple or any other team in the we don't care conference we're in right now.

Odd the Big Ten isn't around to reprimand Franklin when he declares Maryland his territory.

Granted that Franklin is probably a better coach than Edsall - but I like Randy and Franklin rubs me the wromg way... I don't blame Maryland for being salty for that game.

Reaction Score
you
Yes the league that houses Penn State and Ohio State is sending a message to Maryland.

you're confusing on and off field transgressions. The P5 broke away so it could do what it wanted off the field, but the on field image trumps all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How is that worth a reprimand ?

It isn't but it's the root cause of the issue.

A pre-game handshake is sacred but trash talking in a press conference is fine.

A bit hypocritical.

Reaction Score
It isn't but it's the root cause of the issue.

A pre-game handshake is sacred but trash talking in a press conference is fine.

A bit hypocritical.

You're totally confused, as usual.

That wasn't a press conference.

That was said during a private boosters meeting.

Reaction Score
This just reinforces my opinion that Edsall is one of the all time phoneys in college football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're totally confused, as usual.

That wasn't a press conference.

That was said during a private boosters meeting.

Whatever - who gives a damn what the forum was.

Just like you it's hypocritical.

Reaction Score
Whatever - who gives a damn what the forum was.

Just like you it's hypocritical.

Oh, sorry to hurt your feelings. It's hypocritical for Franklin to tell boosters he's going to take over the recruiting of Maryland. Becaus eEdsall never boasted about his PA roots when he took the Maryland job.

This stuff is beyond silly.

And yeah, by the way, PSU is going to dominate recruiting in Maryland.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, sorry to hurt your feelings. It's hypocritical for Franklin to tell boosters he's going to take over the recruiting of Maryland. Becaus eEdsall never boasted about his PA roots when he took the Maryland job.

This stuff is beyond silly.

And yeah, by the way, PSU is going to dominate recruiting in Maryland.

Do you not get what hypocrisy is?

If you are going to say Maryland was unsportsmanlike in not shaking hands - then Franklin was also unsportsmanlike in his past comments about Maryland.

I agree it's silly. It makes Maryland and Penn State interesting at least.

Reaction Score
Do you not get what hypocrisy is?

If you are going to say Maryland was unsportsmanlike in not shaking hands - then Franklin was also unsportsmanlike in his past comments about Maryland.

I agree it's silly. It makes Maryland and Penn State interesting at least.

They are not even close to being the same thing. Saying to boosters that you're going to dominate in the state of MD is something I'd want my coach to say. If the UConn captains went out to midfield and refused to shake hands I'd be utterly embarrassed and I'd rip them to shreds.

One is bravado, the other is just classless.

Reaction Score
They are not even close to being the same thing. Saying to boosters that you're going to dominate in the state of MD is something I'd want my coach to say. If the UConn captains went out to midfield and refused to shake hands I'd be utterly embarrassed and I'd rip them to shreds.

There is no reasonable basis to equate the two. We all know why he is, though . . .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I don't disagree with any of that.

I just think it's funny that the Big Ten thinks they can legislate sportsmanship - but will do it about as well as they officiate the actual games.

Reaction Score
Franklin went beyond the pail (and it wasn't just Maryland ... it was NJ too). Boo hoo hoo. It was Anti-Paterno Anti-Christ like. And, actually, since I talk to State College people, they still don't fully support him. Maryland has a chip on their shoulder; and Randy pushed it a little. Still, the no handshake stuff is absolutely stupid ... and NOT something I would ever see HCRE countenance. He used to go ripshit if a kid did a dance.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The whole handshake before a game to me is not needed - go out and flip the coin - shake hands after if you want to.

By not shaking hands I felt the 'emotion' through the TV - you could tell the Penn St guys were like 'alright Mother F$^#ers...you dont want to shake - no problem - they were shaking their heads up and down like 'its on!'

The no handshake did not come from Randy for sure.

Im sure if some Boneyarders meet up at the Tailgate this weekend there wont be shaking of hands between a few...we should all have to wear name tags with BY handle.

EDIT : Palatine wouldnt even put his section and row on the received tickets thread - think he was the only one!! He is not looking to shake hands with anyone! :)

Reaction Score
The whole handshake before a game to me is not needed - go out and flip the coin - shake hands after if you want to.

By not shaking hands I felt the 'emotion' through the TV - you could tell the Penn St guys were like 'alright Mother F$^#ers...you dont want to shake - no problem - they were shaking their heads up and down like 'its on!'

The no handshake did not come from Randy for sure.

Im sure if some Boneyarders meet up at the Tailgate this weekend there wont be shaking of hands between a few...we should all have to wear name tags with BY handle.

EDIT : Palatine wouldnt even put his section and row on the received tickets thread - think he was the only one!! He is not looking to shake hands with anyone! :)

I suggested the name tag thing a while back. I would have absolutely no reservations about meeting people in person. I take very little personally or seriously here. I even think Nelson and I would get along once we took down the barrier of anonymity the keyboard allows. I've met a few BY'ers and haven't had any problems (notwithstanding the dislike that sportsart has taken to me). The tone I take here online is the same thing you're gonna get in person. A lot of non verbal good natured ball breaking gets lost here, which is why I think a lot of people get put off with certain posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom