The MAC is officially examining expansion | The Boneyard

The MAC is officially examining expansion

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If UMass is serious about football, they will be able to bump out MTSU.

Reaction Score
If UMass is serious about football, they will be able to bump out MTSU.
Doubtful.
You take WKU and MTSU as a pair for travel reasons and MTSU brings you into Nashville.

UMass was already in the MAC for FB and left when the league required them to be all-in. Why would the MAC want to do that again?

MAC hasn’t had too much success with expansion so I won’t be surprised if they decide to stand pat, but definitely right for them to be discussing. Certainly, moving the G5 to a G4 has some appeal for them.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Doubtful.
You take WKU and MTSU as a pair for travel reasons and MTSU brings you into Nashville.

UMass was already in the MAC for FB and left when the league required them to be all-in. Why would the MAC want to do that again?

MAC hasn’t had too much success with expansion so I won’t be surprised if they decide to stand pat, but definitely right for them to be discussing. Certainly, moving the G5 to a G4 has some appeal for them.
All-sports. They wouldn't get to stay in the A10.

Reaction Score
All-sports. They wouldn't get to stay in the A10.
They had that offer once and turned it down.

I don’t see what has changed nor why they’d have any interest playing all their games in Ohio.
Btw, there are no direct flights from BDL to Ohio. So either they’re connecting for all their road games or going to Logan. They may as well just disband all their Olympics.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They had that offer once and turned it down.

I don’t see what has changed nor why they’d have any interest playing all their games in Ohio.
Btw, there are no direct flights from BDL to Ohio. So either they’re connecting for all their road games or going to Logan. They may as well just disband all their Olympics.
What has changed is that their fanbase is revolting as we speak and the A-10 isn't getting six bids in the NCAA tourney like they did in 2014.

Reaction Score
What has changed is that their fanbase is revolting as we speak and the A-10 isn't getting six bids in the NCAA tourney like they did in 2014.

also Buffalo has shown that you can have a good basketball team in the MAC while UMASS basketball is at a low point in the A10.

Reaction Score
yeah if UMass is willing to be all-sports in the MAC, they'll get an invite and WKU would likely be ahead of MTSU for the second.

Reaction Score
A fourteen member conference would be down to three (FIU, La Tech and UTEP) IF WKU and MTSU depart. Ouch.

Hook 'em Horns and Boomer Sooner.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I wonder how Buffalo feels about the addition of those schools to the MAC. UB is academically light years ahead of every MAC school except Miami, I can't imagine they are happy about this possibility. Crazy as it sounds, an other large state school with good academics in the Big East, they would be a much better addition than UMass, and another annual football opponent?

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Buffalo joining the AAC would be kind of painful given that I think they work somewhat well with us geographically

Reaction Score
I wonder how Buffalo feels about the addition of those schools to the MAC. UB is academically light years ahead of every MAC school except Miami, I can't imagine they are happy about this possibility. Crazy as it sounds, an other large state school with good academics in the Big East, they would be a much better addition than UMass, and another annual football opponent?
Buffalo to the Big East. The MAC keeps Buffalo football and adds UCONN and Umass Football. so it has 14 football and 11 basketball. Buffalo has much more basketball upside in the Big East than in the MAC and MAC expands football to 14. It's a win-win-win.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Buffalo to the Big East. The MAC keeps Buffalo football and adds UCONN and Umass Football. so it has 14 football and 11 basketball. Buffalo has much more basketball upside in the Big East than in the MAC and MAC expands football to 14. It's a win-win-win.
Lol you cannot be serious. You are asking for Buffalo to come to our conference for basketball and UConn joining a bunch of degenerates in football and that is a win win? My how far we have fallen from only a decade ago. This is the state of our program.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Lol you cannot be serious. You are asking for Buffalo to come to our conference for basketball and UConn joining a bunch of degenerates in football and that is a win win? My how far we have fallen from only a decade ago. This is the state of our program.
Agreed, not my original post, which was Buffalo follows our model, join BE with Indy football. Since Temple won't be long for the AAC (probably back to A10), gives us two more schools for a loose Northeast football scheduling alliance.

Reaction Score
I am serious, and don't call me lol. In case you haven't noticed, we currently aren't even competitive with a bunch of degenerates. We know our basketball programs are staying in the Big East, which means we aren't even a candidate for other G5 conferences which require full membership, let alone the conference of said degenerates. The shredded C-USA, sure, maybe it will take us. We need a regional conference to help climb the mountain of getting to mediocrity.

Yes, this is the state of our program. Indy is fine, but we will not be competing for the same caliber players who are being recruited by our neighbors to play in the ACC or B1G. If our only long-term play is to hope get into a P5 conference, that is not happening any time soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom