The Linebackers 2019 | The Boneyard

The Linebackers 2019

Reaction Score
Lou Spanos specialty. LB coaching experiences with the Steelers then UCLA then Tennessee Titans. A UCONN strength through 2003-2010.

But ... we are in “Show me” mode. The Courant article was underwhelming - from my perspective. So dialing it back: part of it is the AAC & knowing you’ve got wide open spread Offenses that the LB role (when integrated with the “Rover” & DBs) is far different than a decade earlier. With D.J. Morgan showing up & getting a starting slot (and knowing Spanos probably saw him a lot while in Westwood) plus young Fortt shows a desired skill set ... with Gilmartin in the middle. I’m HOPING for huge improvements. Begins with better DLine play.

When you see the 2nd Team has Swenson (who I’ve liked), Gayni & Young Jackson > Hunter Webb & Eddie Hahn, you begin to see a story. Some kids have earned time. I’ve thought Jackson Mitchell (not widely recruited) can really step up giving his body type and film; but please let him grow (thinking redshirt) like that CT kid from Brookfield.

I buy big advances on DL & DB; I’m less grounded on what’s going on with this important component. In Spanos We Trust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom