The Light of Aubrien | The Boneyard

The Light of Aubrien

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
During Coach Hurley's chanmpionship post game press conference, I noticed he was wearing a black wristband with white letters and wondered what it was about. I could see the name "Aubrien" on it but couldn't really make out anything else. Forgive me if this was already written about here, but it's a wonderful, inspirational story. A family in Florida had a 14 year-old daughter (Aubrien Jimenez) who courageously battled a rare form of cancer before eventually passing last year. It turned out she was a huge fan of UConn MBB, and somehow Coach Hurley and the family became connected and he was able to meet Aubrien and spend some time with her and her family. In honor of her, her parents were at the game last night. Here is a link to The Light of Aubrien Facebook page: Log into Facebook

The light of aubrien.jpg
the light of aubrien 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley, his wife and the team insisted Kimber and I be in Houston to celebrate together —- as Aubrien has been a part of the team’s journey.

Last night after the game, coaches and our family all hugged, knowing Aubrien was cheering on her Huskies.

Thanks to all of you for your support

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley, his wife and the team insisted Kimber and I be in Houston to celebrate together —- as Aubrien has been a part of the team’s journey.

Last night after the game, coaches and our family all hugged, knowing Aubrien was cheering on her Huskies.

Thanks to all of you for your support
@uconnsouth...I had no idea! I am greatly encouraged by your faith and how God is still using Aubrien's life to reflect His light, and the message of hope and eternal life in Christ. And how fitting it is during the season of Lent and Easter! I appreciate you, and pray for you and your family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom